Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Negative. That's the first thing I noticed. Cookie doesn't look old enough to be his mother. It wasn't just me either. My sister, whom I got hooked on the show this week, also made the comment. He looks 30 and Taraji looks about 40. When did she have him? When she was 10?

I'd take that. I love her too.

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/01/22/empires-the-first-high-rated-new-drama-to-grow-in-both-weeks-2-3-in-21-years/354601/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

The runaway success of Empire, which premiered to a huge 3.8 adult 18-49 rating, rose to a 4.0 in its second week, then leapt to a 4.4 in its third episode is unprecedented in modern television history.

According to FOX's research department, The last time a highly rated new drama grew in weeks 2 and 3 was 21 years ago, in the 1993-1994 television season when Moon Over Miami accomplished the same feat. That's the same season that Boy Meets World premiered. In 1993, the internet was still called the Information Super Highway , and cable television has its own awards show, the ACE Awards, because it could never hope to compete with broadcast series.

So what the heck was Moon Over Miami? According to IMDB, "In this detective series, Walter Tatum, a qualified, independent, self-made private investigator in Miami with a small staff, gets stuck with Gwen Cross, a spoiled but intelligent rich girl, first as a case, then as his partner in countless investigations. She makes both his private and professional life a lot more difficult, but also more interesting." It starred future television staples Ally Walker and Billy Campbell. After its strong opening weeks, the ratings rapidly declined and only ten of the thirteen produced episodes aired in the United States. It aired on Wednesdays at 10PM on ABC, competing head-to-head with Law & Order and 48 Hours. It's a safe bet that the already renewed Empire will be around a lot longer.

• Members

thanks to that website, I learned what Anika's last name and position was. Had no clue before. I thought she was Lucifer's wife in hte first 2 episodes till I read on the forums that she was only the gf. If thats the case, why does she act like she run sh-t?

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Rowell doesn't look in her 40's anymore from the latest pics I have seen of her on twitter. I am sure that with good makeup she could though. TH does look 40s. JMO though. LOL

Stop stealing my joy, please.

Anika acts that way because she is a debutante and a doctor's daughter according to her words on Episode 3. *side eye*