Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

Spot on Vee. IMO. Spot on.

I've noticed a lot of tweets for Empire. Hell, Michael Eisner [former Disney head] was praising it.

I don't care what the color of someone's skin is on a show I'm watching. I want compelling, entertaining and well written characters and storylines. I enjoy watching a variety of shows and prefer diversity, of every kind. But, that's me. Sadly, many out there, aren't like me.

And this is completely off this topic but on the subject of racial diversity, I'm quite looking forward to Fresh off the Boat on ABC. It has an Asian cast and looks incredibly funny. It's showrunner ran Apt 23. I hope it does well.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Fresh off the Boat is one that I have my eye on as well. I can't remember any U.S. made show that had a majority Asian cast. I am really excited about it.

But by general rule, I don't watch shows that do not have Black actors as main characters relevant to the show. I used to watch any show with good story. I love any period piece, especially sword and sandal. But when GRRM came out and said that he didn't understand why African Americans were upset with the casting for the TV show because his books didn't have any African Americans in them, I was soured (mind you, his books didn't have any Americans or Brits or Irish o Peruvians...nor did it have any specific race of people that we identify with because it's fantasy). It really bothered me too because I loved those books and I really enjoyed HBO's adaptation. Now I feel like I need to write novels set in a feudal system with nothing but POC...just blacks, asians, latinos, first nations, all around! Times are hard for the Black nerds!