The Young and The Restless - Revenge and Plinko!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Day-by-day spoilers:

March 30: Victor and Jack's vendetta goes to a whole new level.

April 2: Victoria shares a passionate evening with Stitch.

April 3: Neil and Hillary wanna know where Bob Barker at.

(since I know some dumbass is gonna ask if those are real spoilers, it's a joke, the post is a fuckin' joke about how racist and marginal this [!@#$%^&*] is)

• Members

The show has always been a Reagan Republican portrayal of America. Remember Bill and Lee are/were California Republicans...Mamie the maid, the fat lesbian who comes on to Kay, Dru the sassy bangie girl.

Now they only hire African American women with straightened hair and botox.

I always thought Another World in the 1980s and 90s had the best portrayal of African Americans.

• Members

I do think Y&R at least deserves some credit for being better about including AA's on the actual show than they have in the past. Winter's Wednesday was a real thing not too long ago. At least now there are more AA characters and two interracial couples.

I certainly agree that Y&R isn't at the forefront of change, but this last year has been better, imo. As far as the straight hair thing goes, our entire society seems to have a thing about curly hair, no matter the race of the person who has it. Alicia Minshew was constantly being criticized for her hair. As did Laura Wright when she had curly hair. I've never understood it. The same goes for Botox. Are there any white women without it? Maybe Summer and Faith.

That said, I totally agree that they should include AA's in the promo more often. I don't think it will really change until either completely new blood takes over or soaps die and are resurrected some day.

• Members

You know...far be it from me to make this all about race...but unless and until I hear announcer George Gray tell "Jack Abbott" or "Nikki Newman" to "COME ON DOWN!"...I'm-a gonna assume TPTB at Y&R are nothing more than a bunch of highly-paid racist mofos.

Okay, so "highly-paid racist mofos" IS a bit strong. But...yeah, this feels so damn wrong and intentional to me...and that just makes me feel sad.

• Members

I thought it was weird it was Neil and Hillary, due to the age of the characters and nothing racial. Seriously my first thought was the majority of people who go to TPIR are typically recent high school grads/college students, retired, military either active duty or retired (like Jack, Stitch or Dylan) or people vacationing from being teachers or service professions like nurses, fire department or police etc. Hillary and Neil don't fit the profile and they aren't Pam/Donna, who were local. If I had to pick who from Y&R would appear on TPIR, I'd either go for one of the characters under 25 like Summer or for the meta inclined Cane (due to how many times Goddard has appeared as himself on TPIR.) I hope the Bob Barker spoiler part is just a joke as the idea that Neil and Hillary would think that Bob still the host.

• Members

I'd imagine most people block out that there was a host after Bob Barker. At least this particular host.

I do see where the promo is somewhat offensive, but frankly, it was the only part that interested me. If I have to choose between Jack and Victor settling into cheap imitations of Adam and Palmer Cortlandt and the suspense of whether Hilary will get to play Cliff Hangers, I'll take the latter.

Archived