Y&R: New Year, New Drama (CBS Promo)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think its perfect timing to end the travesty that is Billy and Victoria. They've been growing apart for months, and this can be the final nail in the coffin.

This way, when David Tom comes back to the role, they have a clean slate to work with. That pairing is never going to be the same with Tom in the role anyway. It's time to move both characters on or off the show preferably for me.

• Members

That Nick and Sharon NYE kiss... I read it was at Neil and Leslie's NYE engagement party....and that victor and Nikki make her feel unwelcome after Neil personally invited her. This just burns me up. How rude. This is Not their party...how dare they talk noise at Neil's guest. Out of respect for Neil they should be civil.

Billy and Victoria's break up is coming at a perfect time IMO. It would take something like this to finish them off in a believable way anyway.

I wonder if Neil will invite Hilary to push her towards Devon. He has noticed their interaction more than once. I am here for it and lily seeing red.

• Members

Regardless of who plays Billy, they need to end Villy. I just grew tired of them. They had chemistry and were exciting, but the writers didn't know what type of stories they needed to be interesting. At least David Tom will have a clean slate, but it'll be an uphill battle coming off cheating on Victoria as his first storyline.

• Members

this is a major problem with Y&R, and soaps in general (B&B in particular) these days: the way they drop couplings like they're going out of style. I mean why emotionally invest in any pairing when there is, pretty much, a preordained 'shelf life' to 'em?

it's really shortsighted, and can be damaging long-term as far as audience retention.

• Members

If I believed for a second that Billy and Victoria were really over, I might start watching Y&R again, but no way that happens. The show is full of badly paired couples and is determined to keep them together.

Then, there is Sharon... Once they put Nick with Phyllis permanently, he and Sharon were done. Time to let her move on and build a romance for her with someone other than Nick.

• Members

I don't think Bacteria ruined Billy or Victoria. Victoria had been squandered for years and likely always will be, sadly. That pairing actually did Billy a favor, at least at first, because all his other pairings had been viewer flops, or dropped halfway (like Billy/Chloe), and his main storyline consisted of whoring around as Billy Miller made stupid faces like Jerry Lewis on crack. That pairing meant they could have stories about their great starcrossed love and would Victor destroy them. It made the characters relevant when the writing for them in recent years had shown just how superfluous they were to anything of value on Y&R.

Now perhaps Billy can stand on his own, since someone who isn't just there to turn red is in the role, but we'll see.

• Members

It was never about the stories - Miller tanked all of his stories, from his first day to his last. It was about hype. Bacteria allowed for endless hype (ZOMG an Abbott and a Newman...look out Victor!) and then people could ignore how tedious and tacky it was. That lasted for a while.

• Members

I will admit I was one of those who initially loved the whole "forbidden romance" angle of it all but as time went by it became clear that Billy & Victoria were nothing like Victor & Ashley....

I'm surprised the show has kept them together for so long. Do they even have a child together? Sorry but its been years since I watched Y&R on the regular. I can't even pinpoint when I made the decision to stop keeping up with the show which is kinda sad. I just remember seeing Eddie from Full House as Malcolm and being utterly depressed....to go from Shemar Moore to....that....ugh...

Archived