Fan Faves Return to The Young and the Restless for Kay's Memorial

• Members

I'll be shocked if Amber is back for more than a brief stint.

I did like the Katherine/Amber relationship, as forced as it was. I don't believe Katherine would have been close to Chloe after Chloe verbally abused Esther.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amber + Key were way tighter than Chloe + Key, which was more mutual affection through loving Esther. Amber and Key was a relationship the both of them cultivated for no other reason beyond the fact that they wanted to. Kind of like Victor + Sharon, before that all went to crap. And the Amber vs. Phyllis thing would be to immediately get Summer's heckles up as far as Amber is concerned - they could probably run into each other, and Amber can give her condolences for Phyllis, and Summer can comment that she hated her mom, etc. so eff off w/ her empty words. And then later we see Summer see Amber pushing up on Kyle... honestly, it's so easy to create drama with Amber. Using Chloe would be forced, and out of nowhere, tbh. The whole Billy + Chloe thing is dusted (until the writers decide to dredge up the kiss... and all Hell breaks loose). Every guy Chloe has been paired with has been FORCED to fit. But yeah, I guess your way would fit w/ the way Y&R's been writing, currently... obvious, tired, and forced, etc. -____-

• Members

i agree with a lot of this especially BOLD. Bringing Amber back would also fit with Y&R's history of giving 'jumped up' nobody characters w/o familial connections a chance to shine - Nikki, Brad, Phyllis, Dru - the potential for Amber could be HUGE if Y&R wrote her right. That's why I think connecting Dylan to Nikki and Jack is dumb, and a dead end for the character. Hiving him not connected to peeps on the canvas gives his character more potential, than the dead end, likely Dylan vs. Victor SL we will probs end up with.

• Members

Everything that you say that can be written with Amber, it can also be written with ANY female already on canvas. I understand you may really like Amber, but the writers don't need her. Writing all these stories around her would be no different than bringing on Dylan and "forcing" him as the next greatest thing to hit Y&R. SO what she has had a stint of a few years in the past. I don't see what she would add to the show that some other newbie on the show can't bring, let's say for example Hilary. They already have her and Jill butting heads...have her be someone Kay sent to assist Cane and have Kay leave her something for her troubles (that would be neither obvious or tired IMO). I'd rather see that than them bringing on Amber to do it...and it's not because I hate Amber. I actually could tolerate her but wished that TPTB didn't portray her as the perpetual 20 year old. But hey, one person's obvious, tired, and forced is apparently another's gold mine and must see TV obviously. Because I don't see Amber as the answer to any of the problems on Y&R. She would be just another character to suffer from lack of attention or bad writing...

• Members

All Chloe needs is to be something other than Billy's unwanted baby momma and sidekick to herself (because she and Chelsea are the same character) to be interesting again. I agree that Kevin sucked all the life and fire out of this character. Chance was only a tiny fraction better. Chloe needs to be rebooted.. And if I was TPTB I would take her to her roots. When Kay's will is read, have her pursue Devon (have it ambiguous so that we won't know if it is for his billions or whether she really likes him). They already work together at Jabot and had some decent chemistry back in the day if I remember (I actually thought that that was where they were going until the whole Billy baby thing). Is there anyone on canvas who cares about them that would agree with the pairing except for maybe Billy and Esther. None of the Winters will like it. And Jill will disagree just because she can. There is much history to mine there. And Devon needs an onscreen love interest for once. Goodness gracious.

It was very sad...one of the few things that JFP and JG did right. They should never have been together that long.

• Members

you've misconstrue - I don't really like/care for Amber at all, but I can CLEARLY see this story having 'Amber' written all over it. If the show tried this SL w/ any young woman currently on the canvas it would most certainly be forced, because the ground work (that currently exists w/ Amber's character and all the character's mentioned) already exists.

and it would NOT be the same as writing the SL around a 'newbie' like Dylan, because HISTORY EXISTS between Amber and many characters on the canvas. It would actually be brilliant for Y&R to bring Amber back in full capacity, use her to create upheaval in rut that is Y&R currently, and as a 'replacement' kicker in Phyllis' absence.

• Members

How would the story with Chloe be forced while the story with Amber would not? I do not see much difference here other than Amber not having any real or blood ties to anyone on canvas anymore. The lack of ties is what makes Amber forced IMO...so much so that when I read that she was coming back for Kay's memorial, I was raised a brow. She is not one that I think of when I think of Kay Chancellor. Amber on Y&R is quite forgettable. Now on B&B, that is another matter altogether. That's where her true story and history lies.

• Members

it would be forced w/ Chloe because she barely had a relationship w/ Kay, so Key leaving her a bunch of stuff in her will would be kind of a laff, not to mention she and Kyle have already interacted, so has she with Summer so steering her character between the two would be kind of WTF, add to that her kid + non-resolved man problem baggage... Amber returning would be a clean slate while at the same time there being history that exists to tap into.

Amber's lack of blood ties is what makes her 'fit' with Y&R's history/mould for non-familial-tied characters making big waves amongst the families. Amber can be a big wild card.

like I said, if written right Amber's return could be the shot in the arm Y&R needs to basically get some momentum behind idling characters/romances/SL's.

• Members

I don't see amber as the savior of Y&R anymore than I see Dyllan as said savior. A rebooted and recasted Phyllis, maybe...a recasted Dru or even VR, probably. Jill, yes. Better written stories with real payoff, absolutely. But Amber. No, and this could just be personal preference on my part, but I am just not interested in Amber.

• Members

i don't see Amber as that either... what are you talking about?

and recasting Dru would be the biggest fail of a JOKE at this point. LOL Rebooting Phyllis in what way? I also don't think recasting Phyllis would work, either. But it would be fun to watch Y&R try... As for Jill she needs to be repositioned as the 'matriarch' role, at this point. Likewise with Nikki (who is like a chicken w/ her head cut off).

anyway, I just think NOW seems like a perfect time to bring Amber back, if Y&R are ever gonna. I personally don't want it, but it makes sense because she could be fed into so many SL's currently going on, and provide friction for characters currently on canvas, imo.

• Members

Its hilarious to me how long the character of Chloe has lasted. She was okay when she first debuted but I think it speaks volumes that even after all these years Kay and Amber had a tighter bond (IMO and I think a lot of people hold that view) than Chloe and Katherine ever did.

Amber should definitely come back. The potential is just huge if written the right way and handled in the proper manner. The death of a character such as Katherine Chancellor....could be trans-formative for a character like Amber with her past. We all know what a hot mess Amber has been over the years and all the schemes she's pulled or attempted to do both on B&B and Y&R. Katherine's last wish for her could be for her to clean her act up (as much as Amber could) and do something worthwhile.

Just thinking about it makes me very excited but I don't want to get my hopes up cuz chances are she'll be here for a few days and then back to the island. Amber versus Jill though could be epic....

Hell we didn't even mention Cane & Lily....wasn't she also trying to mess with them back then as well? She pretended to be preggars with Cane's baby if I remember correctly. Its a shame she didn't stay longer cuz Goddard was actually interesting when he was opposite her as opposed to fake bland when he's with Lily. As much as I don't hate CKLily I'll never for the life of me understand why she's so invested in her character's relationship with Cane. He's just too bland and it has nothing to do with his race. Billy & Lily had more passion in their small little weeks long flingt/relationship than Cane & Lily have had for YEARS.

• Members

Actually, it's the other way around. She's said in interviews the past couple of years she wants something new. She wants Lily to be fiesty and strong and I believe she mentioned being happy when they put her back with Daniel. Daniel Goddard is the one who was very vocal when they broke Cane and Lily up. He's the one who really gets that fan base going. Without them he probably feels it'll be easier to let him go.

• Members

Daniel Goddard realizes that the pairing with Lily is his bread abd butter. If they move her on to someone else with any standing in that town (Nick, Adam, Kyle, P4...anyone from a core family), he can kiss his job good bye. I have no doubt that Lily's fans would embrace her having the last name Newman, Abbot, or Chancellor. Actually, a pairing with Adam would be right in line with the kind if pairing that they write for her...one where her family can disagree and Neil and Devon can do their best Victor and Nick routine. And those fans who will play the race card will be silenced...to top it off, there is little to no chance that he will be de-Newman'ed. The Laners would eat that up...within 2 months they will be all about Liam. I have always said that if the writers wanted to destroy Lane and their rabid fan base, give Lily a pairing with someone else from a core family....doesn't matter if it doesn't last but a few months past villifying Cane and sending him out of town in disgrace. The ruination will be complete.

Archived