Fan Faves Return to The Young and the Restless for Kay's Memorial

• Members

Amber will probably be in Key's will, and end up staying... I can see Y&R creating a rivalry between Amber/Jill over Amber's inheritance, because they don't want to ruffle any Cane fans' feathers by making him Jill's main adversary.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amber was always a character I could take or leave on B&B, and her inclusion on Y&R and then later that crossover on ATWT was all rather strange. We ended up with a messy story that really should have played out on B&B.

I'm glad Gina is coming back. Last time we saw her she was humiliated and admonished by Colleen of all people for having a negative opinion of Kevin during the Silver Chipmunk debacle.

Mac wasn't even around for the Marge funeral back in '08, which was glaring then. Come on, you have at least six actresses to chose from!

• Members

Oh lol I was exaggerating there but seriously they have their options. I mean Kimsey was on Days a couple years ago and I think Kruger still is acting. Ford was bad and a lot of the terrible writing seriously hampered her down as well. I mean the JT/Mac pairing was painful to watch in 2005 why did they bother again with it in 2010?

• Members

Same here.

In fact, I've been watching this show since I was 10-years-old (1981) and no female character has rubbed me as badly as her Amber character did about three or four years ago. God, the pairing of her and Daniel was like taking broken glass and rubbing it against one's eye balls.

• Members

Let me rephrase. The show already has enough young women. If they are going to do a Jill/Kay redux, I would rather it be with a character with some history and family on the show. Chloe is perfect for that role with Esther trying to talk sense into her the way Liz did Jill. I just don't see a need for Amber.

• Members

no, my way makes sense because Key + Amber were super tight and Jill was always jealous of that. Plus, Amber coming back and cozying up to Kevin would probs drive Chloe crazy. Also, Phyllis hated Amber, so we could have Amber cozying up to Kyle as well... so that's w/ a single character a potential for organic drama with 3 other characters. One that is barely used (Jill), one that is nonexistent (Chloe), and one that is not interesting (Summer). Y&R can use Amber to drum-up interest in the other 3, etc. Seriously, it writes itself...

• Members

Kay and Amber were tight for a few years. Kay has been tight with quite a few women over the years. Amber does not hold the title of the only one. She was super tight with Chloe, her god daughter as well. Amber doesn't have to be in the middle of Jill and Chloe to make them interesting. It's simple, just write the story for Jill and Chloe. How does Phyllis hating Amber equate to good drama of Amber cozying up to Kyle? Phyllis is not on anymore. And why would she have a say in what Kyle does anyway. She is not his mother. Amber has no connections to the Abbots like that. It makes more sense to have Chloe cozying up to Kyle...she is the one who has a child with Billy. And with them getting closer, her going for the young Kyle when she can't have Billy would cause far more organic drama. Lastly, Amber is about 40 years old. I don't want to see her in a triangle with a child like Summer. I would much rather see her pitied against Chelsea or Chloe over Adam or Billy.

• Members

Now that I think about it, having Amber in the role that Jill played in Jill vs Kay could work. Ideally I'd want this role for Chloe, but I feel like all the life has been sucked out of her. I LOVED her initially and having Esther as her mother is perfect, but I just don't know if she could pull it off. I wonder if they're considering this for either character. They need to go back to basics like B&B. Give Jill a big new love interest and have Chloe or Amber steal him away and just reboot this feud. They need to look at themes that worked in the past and turn them on their head. With Chloe, you have the added history with Billy which could tie him more into his mother's life ala Brock/Katherine. You could also develop a Phillip situation with Delia.

Of course none of this will happen and Kay will probably be forgotten in a month.

Archived