OLTL: Week of August 19, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thought of Rae reappearing is going to make me break out in hives. Going to assume JP was being polite b/c Dano complimented the show.

In addition to Nat/Allison, this is what I could find that was different from what aired from this week but outlined in the SOD recap

--Kate admits she enjoys risk-taking with Jack. As they exit, she leaves her panties under the desk

--After Bo expresses hope that Matt & Des will reunite (this happened), Nora says that Jeffrey is probably better for Destiny

--After Matthew catches Michelle in a lie, she tries to initiate sex but he refuses. He then apologizes for being cold to her but remains unnerved.

• Members

I know that the scheduling/taping issues are why SOD had some of the stuff wrong but I miss the days of no spoilers and having to actually WATCH the show to see what happens. It's too bad that PP couldn't lock-down somehow what goes on on set so that the show can still have its surprises.

Remember how DALLAS filmed all those different people holding a gun after J.R. was shot so no one would know who it was until they wanted to reveal it? That's what I'm talking about. Not that I expect PP to be able to film all kinds of extra scenes since they can barely keep afloat what they have now. sad.png

• Members

SOD probably was given the summary from PP. The magazine only came out after the last two episodes aired, so they did a good job for once when it came to OLTL. With AMC, they did do major spoiling, though who knows if that will still happen.

• Members

It feels like Racina's work to me, for good or bad. And I agree about the Garrick stuff--but I admit it made for a good (if rather expected) cliff-hanger.

I've been away, so only caught up with both episodes today on the plane ride home (one nice thing about having to watch on iTunes is I can watch when travelling.) I agree with what some have said on here that the penultimate episode was much better than the finale. The Jack/Teacher stuff is not working for me right now--I think it easily could with more detail paid to it, though for all the ways the actor playing Jack has improved, I find him at his worst when playing the teen obsessed with sex with his teacher. I also found it interesting that they played his scenes as pretty romantic (or at least sex-positive) whereas Danni and Arturo's scenes were played with foreboding menace, down tot he music differences between the two. But that *does* suit the stories--it just feels odd given Danni is the older of the two, and more than legal. One story doesn't have to do with the other, but...

That said, there was so much I liked about the last two episodes--again particularly the second last--that I have a lot of hope for season 2 (which *will* happen.) And of course OLTL are at a disadvantage being cut off from--plans for a season finale or not--having a few weeks of filming. (I, frankly, would have loved 5-10 more mins of drunk Clint at the party.)

• Members

Yeah and I hope--and half expect--the show will address that. But it seemed odd for me (I think only because it was in the same episode) that one--with a VERY legal woman was played as potentially devastating and dangerous and the other with a high schooler and his, admittedly young, teacher was played as light (and I think the music played a big part for me in both.) Admittedly when I was 17, I first slept with a guy for the first time and felt the sense that I did get from Jack's scene when he went back and saw his mom--I was elated. And the guy was 15 years older--and I think it was a mistake now. I just hope this is addressed. The MORE episode comments about how hot some find the story sorta concern me--but it's a difficult issue to address both ways, I suppose.

Archived