GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gwyneth Alden, I don't know where you are but I have two names for you. Felix and Sabine.

I can't deal with stupid Felix in the middle of every scene talking about the Britch, his roomate from hell when real GH characters are in the middle of their scenes.

And Sabine informing Patrick about her and Felix's investigation. Girl please, two months ago you didn't know what hair conditioner is and now you are in charge of everything? Now that I know that JT hates his scenes with this freak I love him.

I also love Ron, because no other headwriter would ever think of mentioning Corinth, Gwyneth and the Loving murders after all these years. Michael Easton was never on Loving, he is not coming as another character, right?

• Members

OK as one of the sad obsessed biggest Loving/The City fans on here, as soon as Luke mentioned being in Pennsylvania and a small town, and given Ron previously mentioning Corinth, I had a feeling it was Corinth but I didn't know they were going to go into the Loving Murders. The fact that they showed the photos of those actors, BTW, I think should finally put to bed this long held fan conviction that the networks have to pay long gone actors when they use their image (at least when it's from promo work done for their shows.)

Anyway, sigh, I hate to admit it did give me a little thrill that they incorporated it. But I don't see this going anywhere and I assume t was an odd fan shout out to something that happened on a barely remembered show, 18 years ago (God, has it been that long?) Including that line about The City. Of course Loving did have a current tie to GH--Faison, somewhat inexplicably, crossed over two years before the Murders to chase Jeremy and Ava over some jewels around Universal Studios Orlando... But I don't think that bit of history can be used or will be (and of course Tracy was magnificent on The City for its final 12 months--but again she had no ties to the Loving murders or Corinth.)

So, while I like thinking of the ABC soaps as a shared universe thing, this probably goes back to bang a childhood X-men/Marvel comics fan. Much like with those, the writers would love to throw in mentions to other slightly related titles constantly--but like with Ron, more often than not it wasn't done for any reason but to do a sorta fan-fiction shout out to long time fans and often to distract from some poorly constructed story or writing ("See! We're great writers--we know SOO much about this genre!")

Archived