AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be honest I thought of P&G too, but supposedly P&G didn't want anyone to have the soaps anyway, as Grant Aleksander and Crystal Chappell tried to make them an offer.

Oprah also turned down AMC/OLTL initially, which I could understand, although it still annoyed me.

I'm not sure if they'll fit with the rest of her network but I hope they will do well.

I really wish she could do a big interview with Debbi Morgan, or Debbi and Darnell.

• Members

@carlivatiron Exactly. It's SO hypocritical. I mean, it's a great thing for the genre, but really says a whole lot about her.

Can he just worry about making fake-out Vanessa Marcil returns covers? Really gross that a soap magazine publisher wouldn't want to spin this positively. Even the DC gang is claiming to be happy

• Members

There are more than 40 that we will see on line. They had edited 40 complete shows of both soaps by June 6 but are still editing more. I think AMC had 47 complete and OLTL had 50

The first 40 go thru August on Hulu and they run from july 15-Sept 20 on OWN

• Members

I think what fits with OWN nowadays is what saves OWN's ass. Case in point: Tyler Perry and soaps. So it's fine with me, and I think it fits her audience.

And as obnoxious as I often find Oprah, I think there's something very karmically appropriate about these soaps now being in the hands of a powerful black women. Both black and female audiences has been the backbone of soaps for years and years, but more and more they've been marginalized, especially the black viewers. Even Y&R has all but turned its back. I think there's something right about this.

I do hope she does PR with them, yes. And appears on the show. And I want Tika to do a guest shot back on OLTL, but I've said that. She is just fantastic on that terrible Tyler Perry soap - a revelation beyond imagining, except some of us could imagine it.

P&G will never give up their toys, until someday they do. Maybe. They just don't care.

I think he's probably happy, on some level. I just find it incredibly tacky that this is basically his first comment on OLTL since PP returned from the dead - to bitch about Oprah. Given everything his GH has been a party to of late - right down to having extras shout "Todd! Todd!" as RH/Franco enters camera range onscreen - you'd think he'd have more tact.

• Members

Isn't Oprah allowed to change her mind? My goodness. Plus, this is a better deal for her. She's not incurring any production costs, at least that we know of. If the relationship continues, maybe she'll pump some money into them.

Archived