Y&R: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CK brings little personality to Lily. EH gives Chloe spunk and personality. MR and the new actress gives Abby personality. CK makes Lily a wilted, wet, flower. Lily is the daughter of Dru. It makes little sense that she is allowed to play the character as she does.

• Members

But for years, JM has been allowed to play Nick like an athlete frat boy rather than the Newman heir which was made worse because Heather Tom did play Victoria like the Newman heir. Y&R like other soaps will put up with crappy actors and acting and convince themselves that it is great because some fans in a focus group say that it is.

• Members

Agreed about Nick. Instead if TPTB force these actors to play characters the way they are meant to be played, which would enhance the show, they tailor the character to the actors wants. Nick us a prime example of this. Owning a night club and not wanting to be involved with Newnan has JM written all over it. Afterall, them making Nick into the heir apparent and pushing Victoria out if the spot is why Heather Tom left,or so I read. That was pointless it seems. Now Adam is the only Newman Enterprises heir, which really galls me. Just think, Victoria Newman writing children's books. If you had told me this in the late 90's...

• Members

It might start out that way with Cane and the assistant but that won't stick. Its intermediate to shush the cries if racism that will surely come. Besides, who wants to see Cane, the none core character not from a core family, paired with a newbie. That will be about as thrilling as Dylan being with Chelsea. Nope...I suspect this new chick is not long term and if so, will be with Noah...I wish she was for Devon. It would be good drama between Lily and Devon if he fell for her after Cane cheated with her...just like it would have been good drama if Devon had gotten with Chloe after Delia was born.

Archived