• Members

Interesting episode today.. where we got some answers on the whereabouts of a fan fav, more character interaction, and equal focus of a realistic issue and old fashion soap romance.

- So Tad is alive, is on assignment, and hasn't contacted anyone for a long time. I'm guessing he and Dixie haven't broken up, and I'm going to assume Kathy is in college?!?! I hate to say this, but I liked Dixie better when she isn't with Tad. She's more interesting now then she ever was when Tad was in the picture.

- PP, I'm putting in my request for vacation time from Pete/Celia! Just one day would be nice. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, imho :) Though I do give them props for employing the old fashion soap opera trope of eavesdropping and running off before hearing the whole conversation.. classics like that never die :)

- On the other end of the spectrum, you have this Cassandra human trafficking story. The actress hasn't had much to do, and already she's worlds better then a few of her class-mates. Kind of freaky story, but sadly a realistic one... and AMC use to tell stories like this all the time so bravo!

- Miranda and Bianca made up.. which was a very nice scene. nice reference from Bianca of her 'cousin' Greenlee blackmailing her over being gay. Hearing Miranda wanting to transfer schools, makes me wonder if she really will transfer or not. If she does, that could be one additional way to tie Celia to the canvas since i could see Celia tutoring Miranda and becoming friendly with her.

- I liked the Dixie/Adam scene... and nice that Jr is slowly waking up... I wonder if it takes longer for coma patients to wake up fully or not? I would imagine after 5 yeas, it is realistic to gradually come out of it.

Kind of a weaker episode. Noticing the credits, I noticed that Rebecca Taylor wrote the episode. After seeing episodes written by all three script writers... I have to say that Chip H. is the strongest of the three. Though I wish they would employ a younger script writer though like OLTL has that isn't in the soap business.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The human trafficking story is being done properly so far, I like that they had Jesse speaking with the mother whose daughter also disappeared. Cassandra calling for her mom was so sad.

Adam and Dixie's scene was good. Things will really step up now that JR's coming out of the coma, I think.

Celia and Pete's story is dragging, but hopefully it will pick up now that Celia is under the impression that Pete only wanted one thing.

• Members

I forgot to ask, did they say where Adam is? I still don't get it, Adam is largely out of town, he said "But I'm not here" to Brooke in the first episode. And somewhere down the line, his absence postponed their wedding it seems like. He also said he's leaving Chandler Enterprises to Brooke to run for the time being so WTF is Adam doing?

• Members

I am a rape victim and a child abuse victim too so the Cassandra storyline, well I have to FF that. It's a little too much for me. Hits too close to my chest. Having said that, things like that do happen in life, still today (Think Cleveland, Ohio today).

• Members

Reading up on the Cleveland, Ohio story and thinking about the book/movie Kiss the Girls, I'm hoping that Cassandra ends up escaping from her captors and saves herself. Seeing this story today makes it totally realistic that she breaks free... just hopefully sooner then ten years.

• Members

I think (if one ignores the horrible makeup) that the trafficking story is being done excellently so far. It's a dark story to begin with and you can't do it justice unless you show some of the violence. I thought it was a great idea to get her hooked on pills so that they tame her. And the guy playing Uri is great.

I enjoyed Miranda apologizing to Bianca now that she's calmed down and them having the talk. And Adam enjoying AJ's spirit was wonderful. I am REALLY loving AJ.

The same can't be said about Petey and Celia. That horrid Dylan showed up just so that Celia can overhear them? Well, I guess this was bound to happen. I'm just gonna try to be patient for now :lol:

Oh, Adam, Dixie and JR. Adam was so touching.

• Members

This thread feels oh so empty today without all the posts on the morals of Angie.

Loved Adam berating comatose JR in Adam fashion. There is something about the cadence of DC's voice that just immediately brings me back to all the summers spent watching AMC as a little girl.

I love AJ so much which is such a surprise considering what little use I had for his parents. I don't want Miranda to break his heart. I still can't believe how perfectly these two were casted. Especially given the total lack of effort put inot Hunter, Petey's friend, threesome girl etc.

Starting to care about Cassie so I guess they're accomplishing what they're trying to do there. That Yuri guy was scary as hell.

I thought the Tad explanation was clunky as hell. If he's on "assignment," why did Jesse look all pained when he was mentioned the other day? Why has Dixie been forlornly gazing at old photos? And why is he on assignment when Dixie is clearly two sheets to the wind and they have a (teenage?) daughter? Hope there's more to it. So sad they are still calling Kathy, Kathy instead of Kate. Kathy is the name of a 40 plus woman, not a young girl. I wonder if we'll see her- I thought they might bring her on but I guess she serves little purpose as she's related to the 2 main younger guys. Maybe eventually.

I like Pete and don't hate Celia but they need a day or three off. And they needed to build this a little more before the friend came to town so she could misinterpret that conversation. Show her with Brooke, him with Opal- make us care more about them as individuals. Then inch them together. Then have Colby blow into town to wreck it as Celia gets more unhinged by her visions. This is not rocket science

Archived