Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow, good for them! I haven't watched the finale yet, but I watched Tyler's talk show with the cast. The cast looks fun. Sad that Benny is indeed dead, haha. No more eye candy. But jeez louise, Tyler Perry sure does love himself! There's something about him that just irks me. It's like, if the conversation veers too far off course where someone isn't praising his brilliance, he has to reel them back in.

• Members

Wait, Benny is actually dead? I thought Katheryn just put him in a different hospital. There was a lot of sloppiness in terms of continuity.

I thought the last scene between Jim and Candace was really well done acting-wise, but that scene with Candace bringing everyone in the room and extorting the Cryers was laughably awful. I've never seen a show that can veer from brilliance to ghastly incompetence within one episode, but that's TP for you.

• Members

I thought the finale was OK. Could've peaked A LOT more but I'm guessing Tyler is saving that for the 2nd half of the season. And Benny isn't dead. Kathryn did move him. I just hope his a** ain't in the bed ALL next season and that Candice finds out the entire truth early on, so she can go on to dismantle the Cryer clan. Tyler's main issues is that he drags out certain things, doesn't hit the beats of others, and he focuses too much on trying to the barbs between characters (in dialogue) instead of developing them even more.

• Members

He's alive? "Praise Jesus, Hosannah in the Highest! Blessed be his holy name!" That's my Hannah impression. Is that revealed in the finale? From what I've seen as of last week, they alluded to him being deceased, but it wasn't completely confirmed, but then TP said he was dead on the talk show. My bad :)

• Members

I have not watched yet, but I'm not rushing to. As much as I like Veronica, in 2014, holding your son's "heterosexual" freedom over his head is not a bad bitch [so she she likes to constantly remind us]. It's psycho! And I cannot stand when this woman says "I'm a bad bitch". How many times did Alexis Carrington have to tell us she was a bad no nonsense bitch? Never because actions speak louder than words. If you have to remind someone how bad you are, then you really aren't that bad, are you?

• Members

I thought the finale was okay. Veronica had me hollering.

I really don't have any complaints about the show, but one thing I wish TP would do is pick up the pace a little. From watching every week, it seems like only 2 or 3 weeks, if that much, has passed for them.

• Members

That was the funniest thing ever!!! She plunged that knife as deep as it could go in his back and he reacted like a bee stung him! And then he proceeds to keep on running? I guess he's just gonna take care of that knife in his back when he gets home from his run? LOL

Do they perform these scenes in one take like a daytime soap? I'd love to see the takes they didn't use for that stab scene.

• Members

Even the daytime soaps do reshoots on those types of scenes. Sometimes. GH and DAYS probably wouldn't but Y&R and B&B would've if a scene came out that bad.

And what was with goon squad kidnapping Candace in the public park while gym sits at the scene of the crime being smug

Edited by chicklitsandfantasies

• Members

that was the finale? I didn't even know one was coming so soon. The episode was actually good

I cant say I feel sorry for Candace. She had this coming

I was LMAO at Amanda stabbing her rapist in the park

Man how slow are the cops? Hannah told them about Wyatt as she was being booked and that detective was able to make it to the campaign office warn Jim, who was able to drive back home and warn Wyatt, all BEFORE the cops got there

mid season finale? How many friggin finales can you have in ONE season?

Edited by Cheap21