DAYS: Chelsea Teaser

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope to goodness that Days doesn't do another rape story. It seems every female on the show through the years gets raped: Laura by Bill (sort of), Marlena, I think Julie went through an attempted rape, Trish (attempted rape by step-father), Kayla, Jan, etc. etc. etc.

• Members

If she thought that they wouldn't do it because "this is a soap," doesn't that rule out rape? That's so done. We had teen rape with Jan Spears. We had teen pregnancy with Jan Spears. It's not uncommon in soaps.

Now, the idea of statutory rape... that's another thing entirely. Where Chelsea isn't "raped" against her will, but she's still underage, making it technically rape when Patrick willingly has sex with her. That could be it. Who knows.

I'm gonna say teenage prostitution. That sounds the more likely choice. That would fit Chelsea like a glove.

• Members

This sounds both interesting and horrifying. Whenever Days does these "never been doen before" things they end up going into one of their funks. I hope not since they are rolling right now but I don't want them to do something that screws with the momentum.

I think its statuatory rape or maybe suicide-most likely statuatory rape. Suicide and many of the other things have been done before. As for teenage prostitution, that has been done many times. It was even done on Passions last year with Jessica (only if they did in with Chelsea it would be better since RM is a better actress then Danica Stewart).

You can tell though that it will be something done with the intent to redeem her and make her grow ip. Melvin seems to want to do more mature stories and I think Days knows they have to do something if they want to keep the character around so I think this is it.

I hate the character and it will take alot to make me even tolerate her but RM is a good actress IMO so I hope it is something good that maybe will make me change my mind about Chelsea. As of right now though, I still want a public lynching or execution for that brat :angry: .

Archived