AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I keep thinking they may be holding the scenes for cliffhanger moments since Ginger said they're attempting to create more of those. You make an interesting point though. I thought it was someone recognizing Lea, thanks for helping me see it in the correct way. I agree, sounds like Witness Protection too or she and Lea have a history of some sort.

• Members

No mention of Jordi. Now that would have been an actual good question that she could have given a real response to.

I got no sense that Tad is coming back soon- she said the door is always open and he knows it. I think it is but I didn't get the sense that there's anything on the horizon right now. And I agree- I always liked Tad but I don't urgently need him back. With Ryan, I think mention will be made of him and Greenlee in one of the post-hiatus eps to get their fans (and I thought Frons was their sole fan) off their backs. I think Ginger is likely tight with Cam who seems like a nice guy and likely has wished her well with the project but I don't think a return is imminent. With Alicia, I did think it sounded like she'll be back in some capacity sooner rather than later and also that they're going to try really hard for Erica. But I think the surprise comebacks right after hiatus that she was talking about might be more of the left field ones out like BCT & Dimitri and honestly, that makes me infinitely more excited than Tad & Ryan.

• Members

Agree completely... And he could bring on Marian who would be interesting as a sorta role model (good and bad) for Colby... I know Basey wants back.

They did, but I think that was more day specific ones like July 4. I think they could prob guess around the right time to do a few Xmas-ey ones.

To whom are you talking to?

• Members

I actually agree (I think) with most of your points, here. The thing that was clear, is Ginger Smith does have a strong creative vision for the show (something that is important for an EP to have--one that works with the headwriters of course--but I don't think Julie as EP at AMC the past decade had any vision, which is probably why Frons kept her so long.)

Of course fans have favorite characters--but, not to sound elitist, if someone is not going to watch a show because a fave actor isn't on--particularly when that actor CHOSE not to return yet, I don't think they're that great a fan in the first place, and no big loss.

• Members

No I've been following it closely. I had a feeling this would happen- it was cancelled before and I had read on one of the legal blogs- maybe Wall St Journal- that the terms Hulu wanted potential buyers to agree to were insanely restrictive and a lot of bidders were pulling out. I'm not sure what it would have meant for the PP shows but one less change they don't have to deal with and I was fearful of a deal with DirecTV.

• Members

Damn. Seeing all the love for the Ginger Smith/Fairman interview I'm gonna have to go listen to some of it, lol. I can't stand him but I love how great Ginger sounds. I was with Eric on being iffy towards her (though not in a bad way, Jen Pepperman just seemed more open earlier and Ginger didn't give off much, IMO ... I had faith in her though due to practically the entire cast singing her praises).

UGH at those callers. At least I know to expect it LOL.

I gotta watch this weeks episodes. I don't even think I commented on last weeks. Just busy.

And I'm with marceline, I hope David Canary's next appearance is as Stuart. I wish DC was up to working more just because selfishly I feel the show really benefits from having him, but he so deserves his retirement.

• Members

There seems to be this powerful fan focus group who has some kind of influence on the show, enough to get the cursing thing thrown out of the scripts. There is this focus group who really does have a deadline set in motion to walk away from the show forever if their favorite character/actor does not return (Rylee and Zendall huge legions of fanbases). Fans can make or break a show simply by not watching and seeing the ratings/numbers go down hard and fast.

These fan focus groups have this time limit on the new show, or it seems that way. Ginger Smith is doing her best by continuing with her vision of the show for better or for worse. No Executive Producer is untouchable. Maria Arena Bell was fired from Y&R and Jill Farren Phelps was brought on. Ginger Smith is not exempt but she is the best for the reboot at this time. I liked Julie Hannan Carruthers. She was in a bad situation from ABC especially the last 5 or so years of the show. ABC controlled the script and show too much.

Maybe they will have to change the intro to the show since David Canary is being more and more in the background now and the suspected firing of a newbie from the canvas. and yes, David Canary does deserve his retirement.

Hulu is probably still looking for a buyer.

• Members

My issue with David Canary is if he was going to be on in such a limited fashion having him in the credits like that feels like bait and switch. So my issue isn't with David wanting to only work on occasion, but with AMC acting like he was going to be a major part of the show. If you put someone in the last scene of a credit sequence (a place of honor) I expect to see them in more than a couple of episodes.

Archived