February 4-8, 2013: Another Good Week for Y&R/B&B

Toups

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think CBS had a strong week based on that press release as they were touting how strong The Talk was so that means Y&R and B&B were high.

GH and DAYS could go either way but I don't expect any massive declines from either one since that was the first full week of sweeps and there were some weather problems late in the week on the east coast.

• Members

Does it even matter now? What the ratings are? We're done. Soaps are done. Sad, but true. OLTL nor AMC will do anything online...and it's totally funny that one of the sponsors that signed on was Proctor & Gamble, as if they knew their as* from a hole in the ground. Shouldn't all soaps be nominated for the Daytime Emmy considering there are like, 5 left???

• Members

Fevuh, soaps are far from done, neither in quality nor in ratings. The bleeding has stopped. The last four remaining soaps show no signs of going off the air anytime soon. GH and Days are both up year to year lately. 2013 is the Year of the Soap.

The buzz about the online soaps far exceeds even my expectations -- articles in mainstream publications, discussion threads blowing up with speculation over the most minor of news, and huge excitement in the comment threads of the reopened Facebook pages for the shows, which each still have about 500K fans.

Did not know P&G has signed on as a sponsor, but good for them if they have. They really did soaps dirty in the final years, but the Procter and Gamble Productions legacy still lives on and impacts soaps positively. Days's amazing, character-driven, suspenseful creative revival is with a majority PGP-trained writing team.

Archived