Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Members

Thoughts often cross my mind about what Guza & JFP turned GH into. I often wonder if John Beradino had lived past 1996 if GH wouldn't have nearly become the sunken ship that it became. But then again, I wonder if had Beradino lived, would he have gotten the Anna Lee treatment from Phelps, Guza, & Co.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He pretty much always has been.

Well. Except when they weren't friends and Mac punched him when they first met, thought he was a pompous ass, and threw a banana cream pie in his face at the first Nurses Ball. LMAO.

Yeah. But, Ryan...as entertaining and freaking cray cray as he was. Totally deserved it.

• Members

Do you have the People 50th Anniversary issue? Lilly Melgar was quoted as saying that a flight attendant came up to her once and said she took off work for a week after Lily's death, she was so sad about it.

She also predicted that she would be on GH when she was younger, having been a fan growing up, and predicted she would work with MB after watching him as Desi Arnaz. And then when Sonny and Lily got married, she said she exhaled on set and was just like, "Yep, I'm here!"

Naturally, this totally made me think of you wink.pnglaugh.png .

In early 2001, Sonny had a near death experience where he saw Lily and their unborn child (whom she was pregnant with when she went Clink Boom) in Heaven.

• Members

Sadly, I too believe that would have been the case. Also with Emily McLaughlin if she hadn't died at such a young age in 1991. In a way, I'm almost glad that they went when they did, because like Anna Lee, it would have broken their hearts to be fired.

As evidenced in this marathon, the veterans were all an active part of the show until the Guza days. No matter what Frank & Ron do and how many veterans they bring back, the time lost during the Guza reign can never be made up.

Archived