GH: actor returning

• Members

Soaps In Depth ABC@soapsindepthabc

Okay, kids, as promised, happy making news: Yes, Robert Scorpio is back at #GH! Tristan will first appear the week of November 12.

I had a LENGTHY chat with @tristanrogers on Friday, as some of you know. He's psyched to be back. And he'll be arriving amidst HUGE story.

I will say this: It is NOT for one episode. He'll be playing an important role in the Anna/Duke/Luke story. #GH

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He will probably help expose Duke as a psycho hostage-taking Eli clone, and then be the third wheel for Luke/Anna before leaving town again. The whole story is mostly about stalling until KMc returns and propping the dead fish of Luke/Anna.

• Members

I thought it might have been the last time, since Tristan Rogers seemed happy about it, but instead the whole thing was so poorly done even he sort of changed his mind after he saw the fan reaction. I guess it has to be better than the last time.

• Members

I think he'd probably return, just because he wants to be back. For all his justified anger at Guza's writing I also believe Guza just didn't want him around very much.

Some returns work, some don't. We barely see her, but I am still glad Felicia returned as something other than the whipping girl of her last run. I can see why people enjoyed Heather's return. But this whole Anna/Duke/Robert/Luke/Robin/random men who are holding Robin story, other than some decent performances from most of the actors, has been poor, IMO.

• Members

I wouldn't doubt Robert being cemented as Anna's true love this time around so exposing Duke makes sense. I have no doubt FV is working his ass off to get Genie back, at the very least for the 50th, so I really don't think Luke and Anna are meant to last. The stable of Anna's men is kind of funny though.

• Members

The whole thing with Anna and her relationships tends to confuse me because I think many longtime fans considered Anna/Duke and Robert/Holly to be the true couples, and it was Gloria Monty who mostly wanted Anna/Robert.

But I'd happily take Anna/Robert over Anna/Luke. Even if Genie doesn't return I hope that ends soon.

• Members

Those eyebrows are something, man.

I like scheming mobster Duke - kicking Jason into the harbor - but the whole Robin and "Kristina must die" thing renders him a total villain to me. That will be very difficult to salvage. In which case I would opt for Robert. I'm open to either, but the writing is really raking Duke over the coals and hasn't exactly done Robert a solid.

Archived