ABC Family

Wales2004

• Members

I read something a week or so ago about Nickelodeon not really being that profitable for Viacom. Maybe they'll scale back on the channels if that's the case. Nick at Nite is just an extension of TVLand and the best rated shows on TeenNick seem to be the reruns specifically the All That 90's bloc.

I've never seen "The Lying Game" and I couldn't get into "Pretty Little Liars" which seems so unsympathetic vacuous teens doing apparently shocking things....yawn. I liked "Make It Or Break It," but their final season didn't live up to its potential. It had the makings of some good stories but they suffered from poor pacing and a degree of overload. The finale felt unbalanced because it was half rushed and half okay. I'm still okay, as I've said, with SAB and I have zero interest in "Bunheads." Not in the slight bit curious about that one.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally overlooked this. What did they do--give her contacts and invisible braces? What's the point of it being tragic if she's not visibly an outcast? They should have at least kept the glasses and developed plots that actually showed her learning how to be less shallow instead of two second epiphanies prior to the episode ending musical number. Or else not used the book as a flimsy basis and just made a show about a wannabe singer who was shunned by her clique for wanting to have less shallow pursuits.

• Members

I have zero interest in Bunheads as well. None of the promos every caught my eyes. And the premise seems boring as well as the vanilla looking cast.

Funny I actually preferred ABC Family more when I was a kid and it was Fox Family.

Rags mentioned above on Nick actually did have alot of promotion with the music playing constantly. Well at least that Look at Me Now song that was playing constantly for weeks between commercials.

None of these tv shows loosely based off popular boosk are any good to me.

• Members

How to Rock has gotten so good, the ratings for it weren't bad, Nick probably just was paying too much on producing it or something,

Victorious they used the excuse that 3 seasons is the norm for shows, but I call BS, I say it's cause of the iCarly spinoff: Sam & Cat that is why they cancelled it, it'd be way confusing. I think Nick just didn't want to invest in both shows.

• Members

They should have stuck with the glasses because there is no reason for her not to be a Perf without them.

I don't know about the ratings but maybe they were looking for better ratings in the coveted demo.

Nick apparently has two "iCarly" spinoffs planned. They've also got a few sitcoms that I assume are supposed to appeal to a wider demo including one with Tia Mowry.

"Victorious" is probably being cut to avoid paying Victoria Justice any more than they already do.

Archived