Monday's Y&R

• Members

After watching today's B&B I was already weepy. And then on Monday's Y&R Nikki and Victor were at the Ranch reminiscing and being so sad and tender and the theme song played and I got chills and I almost bought into it all. And then I remembered what Victor was doing last month and it just all fell flat and fast.

Surely what MM said about us needing to forget 85% of the past is NOT true. Surely JG and JFP do not, will not mishandle the show and us fans that way?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't need anybody to change, I just need perspective in the writing. I don't want everybody kissing Phyllis and Victor's ass. Acknowledge that they do bad things and there should be people who are allowed to dislike them without being portrayed as bad people for doing so. The writing for Christine and Jack is particularly glaring.

When Jack Smith wrote Y&R he redeemed Kevin, but Kevin was still an outsider. People acknowledged his crimes and certain people chose to give him a second chance and that's their choice. His victims were allowed to be his victims and stayed away from him. As soon as LML took over and continuing with MAB, they started to demonize his victims and force everybody to kiss his ass and that was the end of me enjoying his character. Now the same thing has happened with Victor and Phyllis.

Archived