Phyllis Diller has died

dragonflies

• Members

Wasnt she like a 100 years old? Diller just kept ticking and going and always felt young at heart. RIP wherever she is. She'll be missed

Really? Wow. I was just joking. I didnt realize she was actually that old. I thought she was closer to 80

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still remember one of her best jokes, I was watching Hollywood Squares, I'd say it was around 1977 or 1978, and Phyllis was wearing this ENORMOUS brooch, it had like a giant garnet in the middle, and a bunch of rhinetones around it in a starburst pattern, probably 4 or 5 inches across... larger than life, just like she was. Peter Marshall said "Phyllis, what an amazing brooch your'e wearing this evening", or something to that effect. She pointed to it and said "You see this dial? You can turn it all night long, and the picture never gets any better".laugh.png

• Members

She might have been 95, but she was one of the few celebrities everyone thought would kind of be around forever.

I had the honor to meet Phyllis several years ago, and despite her age at the time, late 80's, she was sharp, funny, and she laughed that signature cackle of hers.

She will be much missed.

• Members

So funny reading Susan Lucci's facebook page. There are a few fans expressing their condolences thinking that PD was Susan Lucci's mother!

I like this one :lol:

Katt Sartin

Shame on you for never being proud of the fact that Phyllis Dillard was your mom...........never mentioning her..........sad...........my family and I loved her she was an inspiration and pioneer of woman.

• Members

I think it had a lot to do with the fact that there was no internet to varify such things and not everybody who watched the stories subscribed to soap magazines, so it was easy for a rumor to start and have life continuously breathed into it.

Archived