Y&R: Noah Newman recast

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was it a big deal when MAB recast Noah? I honestly don't remember, I was going to look until I realized this thread went back 212 pages, but I don't remember anyone really caring that Noah was recast last time around.

I don't understand what the big deal is, how many times does the child actor become the adult actor in the same role? Y&R should be strengthening their younger legacy characters. Shouldn’t someone like the actors who portray GH's Lucky or the new Dallas's John Ross be playing Noah?

I hear JFP/Sony/CBS, or whoever, is also talking to Jess Walton about returning. MAB wasn’t doing that, so I think that’s a positive sign. MAB was hiring older actors from other soaps and placing our long-time Y&R vets on the backburner. She made Y&R history and the characters developed over decades meaningless in a matter of years. So I don’t care if they replace, or fire, all the newer actors on Y&R in order to strengthen the next generation., If they are going to keep, or bring back Bill Bells core/long-time vets, even the ones MAB didn’t like, to bring up the next generation in over the years I’m happy, and I think it’s good for Y&R in the long run, that’s what soaps should do.

• Members

MAB did recast Noah before and never used the recast except to sing for an episode or two in some real bizarre tale.

Noah was suppose to have a big story last summer with Eden's return and the writing of a new love interest in the form of Hunter with Noah trying to hide what happened between him and Eden in Paris and why Eden was in rehab but it never materialized and only lasted a few weeks. There was a lot of odd spoilers about it but it was dropped and has never been brought up since.

I suppose another Eden recast is in the works too.

• Members

The main spumor that seemed most rampant about the secret that Noah and Eden were keeping was that Noah was gay. But of course, we've seen nothing followed up about their secret since, and as you say, it appears to have been dropped. I wonder why they're going for another Noah recast though.

• Members

Yes please! His voice is so pussified and douchebaggy and BH doesn't seem to have much range. I'm perfectly fine with a new Noah. KS is rarely onscreen anyways and is far from irreplaceable. Plus he isn't young romantic lead material which is most likely what TPTB want, especially if they're on this focus on the youngins/Dallas 2.0 agenda. I can really do without Eden but if the plan is to have Noah and Kyle as rivals fighting over her then recast Eden with an actress who has sexual chemistry with men. JH's Eden just doesn't imo.

Archived