Y&R: Noah Newman recast

• Members

Drew was a tic-laden ham, a twink version of Tom Pelphrey.

I liked Schmidt. I'm sorry they recast. I don't remember ever being bowled over by JFP's casting in younger roles (the OLTL casting was often shockingly poor in this area), so we'll see.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But how many episodes has Noah actually been on?? I think I saw him on a recent episode but if you blinked you missed it.

LOL....twink version...LMAO......I like Schmidt too and dont get why he never signed a contract. His character was just wasted.

• Members

That was probably part of it but MAB never gave story to younger characters. Look at how quickly they ushered out the pointless recasts of Summer and Fen.

I know a lot of people enjoyed the younger characters on GH in recent years, so maybe she can find someone like Mark Teschner.

(I just hope they don't end up getting their own version of dead fish JMB)

• Members

They could always get brunette Noah back! Lol but in all seriousness I really don't mind when they recast these young people. And it's not like they ever used this Noah to begin with. He was always off screen and said to be in New York City.

They have someone better than Teschner as casting director they have Judy Wilson. Look how many of the young people she cast went on to primetime.

• Members

The casting director doesn't have as much of a final say in casting as one thinks. That's usually up to the EP.

The casting director is merely responsible for finding suitable candidates for a role, testing them, and callbacks if needed. However, especially if it's a major role, the final say is definitely with the EP in most cases.

• Members

I think a lot of it depends on the situation - I guess you could say that Denise Vasi, for instance, is a success story, but I don't think she was the right choice for the role. I did like some of her hires but generally I don't think she was that great at AMC, and the Y&R casting hasn't been that good either.

Archived