GH: August 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think that was the point. Comes on the show as a producer of a reality show. Check

At first is arrogant and a douche but eventually is revealed to be sympathetic with a heart. Check

Mother abandonment issues. Check

Has an awful father, although JoeJr actually does seem to love Trey whereas Eddie hated Ford. Both were trouble makers though'

It helps that they didnt damage him before they decided they wanted to redeem him. Ford did a complete 180 after like a year and a half of being this male whore of a douche on the show. The attempts to redeem him and have characters prop him up feel flat bc most people couldnt forget just how horrible he really was. Trey hasnt really done anything horrible and his change isnt as drastic as he was ill-defined. The reveal of Joe Jr as his father has helped shed light on his character and his motives, whereas Ford was an inconsistent mess who obviously had stuff rewritten around him to make his character work even if it was inconsistent with what was written for him before

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually liked James more, as he felt more authentic and genuine in terms of being a real nice guy. Trey annoys me but in a sickening, cloying kind of way -- it's like they completely reset his character from initially being Ford 2.0 to being James 2.0. Like I know I am supposed to feel bad for him regarding Joe Jr. but it feels like a complete turn over from the douchebag he was being initially that it's bothering me to give him any credit what so ever in terms of being a decent person. It also doesn't help that I find him less attractive looking then either of the Fords.

• Members

Yeah it's obvious that Ford was the antagonist against Langston and Marrko's relationship and they just didn't want to let him go after that relationship was over. I think the same thing is happening here just sooner. Obviously the damage is minimalized but it still feels like an abrupt shift of character based on the fact that they want Trey to have longevity on the show instead of having him be an initial antagonist for Sonny/Kate. The story is basically a retread of the long-lost daughter story from the 90's in a similar vein to Carly/Natalie/Kendell.

• Members

I think it was obvious they were originally positioning him as a conflict for Sonny and Kate -- he took steps to call Kate out as a murderer and wanted to bring down Sonny with Mob Princess by implicating him as being a mobster/drug pusher as well as him using Kristina for his own purposes threw exploitation. All of this added to the fact that he is Kate's son and this is rife with powder keg drama for the three of them, ala the Kendell/Natalie/Carly variety of child hating parent who gave them up story. But they changed that by making him sympathetic and making him care about what is happening to Kristina. Now it's a differently purposed story focused on the potential love relationship of Trey/Kristina.

• Members

At this point I can honestly just say I wish they had given Bobbie a big splashy, soapy death. Maybe a cancer storyline. It would be better than her just disappearing for years. As OLTL_fan said, it looks ridiculous in situations like this because she WORKS at the m-effing hospital.

They should just bring her back for a few days and then have Luke accidentally throw her off a cliff. At least we'd get a proper goodbye and Tony would get another Emmy.

• Members

They had already started to change his personality by then. I dont think he was ever positioned to make trouble for Sonny and Kate but rather the fact that he was Kate's son would cause Sonny to cause trouble himself, which I actually think they will still go with it now that Trey is being manipulated into using Kristina.

• Members

Joe to Jerry: "What are you some type of terrorist now?" Um wasnt it just revealed that their first interaction involved Joe helping Jerry with an act of terrorism? facepalm.gif

Q0T7o.png

Who the heck is this clown? Bring back Kelly!

Wow, did Alexis really say that Ric was worse than Sonny?

aSx98.png

Whats the point of the file being confidential when the patient's illness is written right there on the outside?

Archived