GH: August 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I see it, too. Not just with Trey, but with everyone. It's clear quantity (a billion scenes shot in 8 hours) is superior to quality. I'm seeing sloppy camera angles, boom and camera shadows, actors having a better chance at climbing Mt. Everest than they have at reaching for their next line... It's just making me angry that the only soap I care about is being churned out like processed sausage links.

So, according to the flashbacks, not only TJ, but Shawn wants a woman Shawn barely knows to strip down to her underwear and toss back shots on their first unofficial date.

I think this show has missed the boat on "romance."

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jason! Paraphrase much?

Carly,"Steve is saying Josslyn was injected with a needle"

Jason, "that mark on her arm is from a needle"

Steve, "it looks like it was intentional"

Jason, "so you're saying someone did this on purpose".

WTF!

And the really sad part, Jason had already come to this conclusion with Pigpen not 5 minutes earlier. Again, WTF!

Shawn, is now FF material. Cartooni truly are magicians because he's the only other character I never thought I'd FF! And here I thought they cared so little about this character they'd make him a pimp or drug dealer? Stupid ass me because that would be more palatable than this asexual drive-thru pairing. He gets the most sexually unappealing woman I've seen in a long time! Sean, go "make another movie"!!!!!

I stop FF a bit too early and caught a now platinum blonde Pluto trying to cry as Mikey consoles her. Lawd have mercy. I cannot imagine being on a job as long as KA has with no improvement. In Corporate America, she would not make it passed 90 days (well, yeah, SHE would).

I waited 18 months for Carly and Elizabeth to share a scene and finally reference the gift Joss received, and I finally got it. Thank you!

It was subtle and genuine and possibly the best thing I've seen on this show since the 2 headed hack took over. But I suspect that had more to do with LW and Bex than anything else.

Outside of that, I feel like I'm watching an hour comedy where the actors/performers change for the skit. The camera positioning is for the dogs! I still can't believe this is GH!

• Members

Firing Michele Val Jean, Mary Sue Price and Susan Wald = WORST DECISIONS EVER!

I agree with you. I think that was LW and Becky working off their friendship and both being moms and incorporating that into the scene, because the actual scene was written as... well, less than powerful. I'll leave it at that.

• Members

How would he know if his lines suck when he hasn't bothered to memorize them in years...I think his cue card wedding proposal to Brenda was just last year. But I guess cue cards makes it a lot easier to ad lib...I went to school for acting so I've done a bit of taking my own liberties with a script or two but this man hasn't tried in YEARS.

Archived