The Nurses (ABC)

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I read online tonight that Plautus Productions produced the primetime The Nurses, The Doctors and the Nurses, and the daytime The Nurses (the first two in association with CBS).   Plautus was a subsiderary of Paramount Television.   Plautus was responsible for The Defenders (with Robert Reed of Search for Tomorrow), Coronet Blue (with Frank Converse of One Life to Live), Brenner (with James Broderick of As the World Turns and The Secret Storm), and For the People.  It also stated that Herbert Brodkin was the executive producer of all three versions of The Nurses.

I think that may all be true except for the daytime version of The Nurses.   My understanding was that Doris Quinlan was the executive producer of that show, unless Mr. Brodkin was billed as the executive producer and Ms, Quinlan was the producer.

I had never known that Paramount was involved with The Nurses.   Does anyone remember if Plautus Productions was billed as the owner/packager of this show onscreen or not?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Members

I did find out something about this show last week.

I had known that two of the writers had been Gordon  Russell and Richard Holland.    Last week, I learned that Ian Wolfe (actor and also writer of Somerset and co-creator and writer of serial Strange Paradise) was also one of the writers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thank you so much for posting these! More info on TN in one post than I have ever seen before.

Another ABC daytime show for which there is scant information is Confidential for Women,. If you have anything on that elusive show I'd appreciate you posting.

• 4 weeks later...