What Direction does DAYS go now?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say Marlena, John, and Lucas would all be potentially leaving.

Tomlin's OLTL was very campy but I don't think his DAYS was.

Mostly it would be nice to see actual storylines, and sympathetic characters. I think one of the reasons the Will story was a ratings bust was his being unlikeable throughout.

• Members

The problem with Wills story is that it's just been a bunch of random scenes they have dragged together. Sure there have been some nice scenes with Marlena and some snark with EJ but overall it's not been well done. There have been so many beats and characters missing particularly Wills friends and Gabi. And Sonny was actually being written for prior to the writing change so maybe Tomlin and Whitesell will actually start writing for his character again.

I admit I wouldn't miss Marlena or John or Jennifer or even Jack at this point. They do need some cast purging.

• Members

All the returnees need to be leaving if they aren't going to be doing anything except rehashing [!@#$%^&*] from the 90's.

Please kill John off and let Marlena stay.

I wish they would FINALLY bring back Shawn, Belle, Chloe and Philip.

Sami/Austin/Carrie/Lucas/Rafe is Zzzzzz.......

• Members

I think Marlena has been written well this time around, but I think the others could go (although I like Matt Ashford's work since his return).

The Will story at times seemed to be about everything but his being gay. That was an afterthought. Someone had the clever idea of saying "hey, Sami/EJ are John/Marlena, and let's repeat history with Will as Sami" only for the story to not resemble that one in any way. I think they lost a lot of momentum with that writing choice.

I would get rid of Daniel, Jennifer, John, Madison, Carrie (unless they have real plans for her), Austin, Abe, Roman, just for starters.

• Members

the only good thing is he's writing not EP Greg has done a great job with the show we have nice sets, and cups being filled with fluid rather than Tomlins empty cups, purple cheap sets and 1000000 watt light bulbs...Corday wont be stupid to fire Deidre Hall for a second time. i am worried for Carrie and Austin unless he kills Austin off im all for that....i have a feeling they will be doing something major for the 2 week cliffhanger in July.....as long as Rafe/Melanie/Daniel/Maggie arnt front and center again im good

• Members

Agree.

However, the BIG problem with DAYS is that they continue to write for characters who are simply exhausted, for lack of a better word, when it comes to story options. There's just so little about the show that I'd call still usable.

Archived