LOGO Dumps All Gay Programming

VirginiaHamilton

• Members

There was nothing really on this channel that marketed well towards Gays initially from what I remember. I do recall seeing an odd QAF showing every once which I initially liked but the programming has always been the worst part of the channel.

I remember when I started seeing Buffy and Nip/tuck reruns on the channel and trying to rectify how that was gay programming.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah as the gay channel Logo has failed. I mean I liked them early on with Queer as Folk reruns, Sordid Lives, airing the Beautiful People etc. but most of their programming left a lot to be desired personally.

It shouldn't come as a surprise either giving how recently The History Channel seemed to have dumped its actual history programs, Weather Channel attempting to show movies, and other numerous examples of specialty channels abandoning their original intent altogether. 15 years ago the 500 channel universe sounded fun and like a dream. Today the 500 channel universe has failed epically.

• Members

Now The Weather Channel has a million documentaries, most of which are just about cheap shock value, and this runs in place of most weather coverage. You have to rely on local programming to find out weather - what was the point of the channel in the first place?

You're right that 500 channels is a joke. That's why when I hear people say, "No one watches the networks because of cable," I never buy it, because most cable channels are exactly the same.

• Members

Soapnet is nowhere near as soap heavy as it was in the early years, but it hasnt dropped all soap programming from its schedule. Its still very soap focused even if they do feature stuff that would best be kept to Lifetime or E!

• Members

I'm glad someone has called this out because so many of these pseudo documentary shows are worthless with little details and the most arrogant, condescending bad narration to them as they filter out across so many networks (ie Weather, Discovery etc.) . If I want to stick with a documentary I'll stick with something from either PBS or BBC.

• Members

You're right, but it does seem that increasingly they go for more "general" programming.

Weather Channel in the US shows documentaries? LOL Weird--here it's just constant weather updated around the country lol. But as Carl said that's the thing with the majority of these specialty channels (at least the cable channels that show commercials--), they start off with some sort of concept and intention and then after a few years I swear they all are showing the same things, basically. Here in Canada we have various stations that started with interesting programming, like Bravo (no connection to the American one confusingly) which had a lot of arts/theatre/dance programming. Now it occasionally ahs something interesting, but basically shows a lot of Law and Order.

Ha you beat me to it.

Archived