Soaps & Inappropriate Chemistry

• Members

On some occasions, you will find two people on a soap who seem to have a large amount of romantic and/or sexual chemistry, but for whatever reason, it is deemed inappropriate, usually due to the characters being related, but also due to other circumstances such as a rape that occurred, or two actors of the same gender playing characters who are clearly straight. What are some you can think of?

Here are a few:

OLTL:

Tomas & Tea--They were supposed to be siblings, but TK & FL's interaction onscreen didn't always show that.

Todd & Marty--Inappropriate chemistry from the gang rape on between RH & SH, according to many viewers.

Victor & Marty--Similar reasons as above for TSJ & SH.

Schuyler & Starr--SC & KA sparked despite the fact that he played her teacher.

Tomas & Starr--Some saw something between TK & KA.

Max & Cord--There was one scene between them where JDP & JL had their faces close together--there was something there.

Blair & Tea--Forget Todd & Victor. With KDP & FL's chemistry, THESE two should have hooked up!

Mitch & Natalie--RB & MA had something there, but of course, it would have been all kinds of wrong given the circumstances.

GH:

Stefan & Alexis--Everything I've heard about SN & NLG together onscreen together tells me that it didn't look like they were related.

Now your turn!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Back during its original run, I was flipping channels and landed on 90210 and it was weeks later that I realized that couple talking on the bed were actually twins.

It also took me a second to realize that Steffy and Thomas were brother and sister on B&B. I wouldn't attribute that to sexual chemistry as much as I would to a lack of sibling chemistry.

• Members

There are better clips than that, I was just too lazy to look in more detail. They had very strong chemistry, especially when they were brawling. The only time Bradley Cole came alive.

For more "Kinks" you should watch Bianca's 2003 baby shower.

• Members

ATWT

Holden and Ellie (Renee Props) dated in real life.

More recently, Holden and Meg (Marie Wilson) had chemistry.

Y&R

Real life siblings, Heather and David Tom, once played Victoria and Billy. If either would return to their role, it would be awkward since Victoria and Billy are in a romance.

• Members

AMC, JR and Ethan. Scott and Young sizzled onscreen together which shouldnt have happened considering both characters were straight

Days, Will and EJ. Again Scott has chemistry with his male co-star. At least one of the characters is gay this time. I wish Days would play with this one

Archived