GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

Someone emailed me a clip of Robert flashbacking back to "I'm Robin" and I teared up. I couldn't believe someone found that old flashback, wow the memories.

I loved Robert Scorpio. If he was sticking around and a real attempt was made to turn back the tide back to heroes winning again I might really watch again. Instead, John (I am lack the most energy in daytime) McPain will be the one to take down Sonny. WTF? It really should be Robert Scorpio that blazes in and finally clears out the mob... again. THAT move would be a huge sign TIIC really want to save GH... instead they just want to give paychecks to their few pets like ME. Same old business as usual at GH.

Count me in as someone who far preferred Robert and Anna to R&H, too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Speaking of, do the ABC vaults only have one 5 second scene between Scorpio and Robin when she was a kid and he first met her? Because I swear we've seen the same flashback three times in two days... There are SOOO many Robin flashbacks with characters--Anna, Robert, even more recent like Jason, Sonny and much more recent with Patrick that I feel like by now we should have seen a FEW more seconds of flashbacks. Even if she isn't fully dead (and I don't buy she is) it seems a wasted opportunity to just have Anna look at one or two on screen photos, particularly if they hope to bring back some longtime viewers with this death story. Hell, show a scene with Sonny, Stone and Robin--Mo certainly was a much more appealing actor back then and I'd prefer to see them than hear him say the SAME dialogue about his past with the two over and over.

Didn't they find it because it just aired three times this past 7 days on GH? (see above)

• Members

I kind of huh.png when Robert flashed back to that moment yet again, like, couldn't they have showed more than one clip? However, I can justify/rationalize it. It was the first time he ever laid eyes on his own daughter. It's the left bookend of their life together, so it makes sense that his mind keeps going back to their first moment. Perhaps I'm being generous, but again, I think an argument can be made for that choice even if it was a lazy one rather than an artistic one.

• Members

Yes but (and I have no clue how long that scene was) wouldn't it have had so much more impact if on Wednesday we saw that brief scene, and then today we either saw the scene after, or that brief scene with a bit more, combined, like his memories were getting more poignant as the truth set in? Like, I could see it repeated and then a scene where they first embraced--that would have taken what you said and added to the sentiment behind it. I think...

OK i do vaguely remember that... I *guess* I can buy that though it seems like it would have been more likely to get re-routed somewhere other than upper NY state.

• Members

The actress playing Kate is just beyond awful. And yall know that RC/FV are going to love her and push her all the time to the front and center, ugh. Plus she clearly shot sonny and caused the accident that killed hope and cole.

Carly & Johnny :wub: They are amazing together. I am so happy the show is finally going there. I was not expecting Carly to confess her part in what came out to Johnny so early. Very happy she did and that he understood her motivations.

I really like the way Anna is being written right now. She is keeping it together so everyone else can fall apart, but I am going to need her to loose it soon now too. The robert flashbacks were heartbreaking. Loved Liz helping Patrick explain this to Emma, She has explained death to a child and Patrick was in no place to attempt this on his own.

• Members

I think he does fetishize women. He did that with his last girlfriend, Abby the stripper. As he told her, he could put her back on that pole at any time. And now he is "saving" Starr.

No wonder Kristen Alderson put up clips of the story where Blair lost her baby Brendan - that story also had absolutely nothing to do with the mother's loss, and was about pity points for a show pet.

• Members

I have a friend who claims that he's seen the Kate actress on Broadway a few times, and thinks she';s brilliant on stage. I have a hard time buying that.

As for Anna--I only know (and love)her really from AMC, but the writing so far seems in keeping with her on there (ie the brilliantly written Leora death scenes). In that story she never fully lost it, and frankly I'd be a bit annoyed if she does--at least in public. The way I know the character--and this could not be true to GH history, I grant) is she simply never would fully.

• Members

His girlfriend recently died and he blames himself because he was trying to protect her. So then he tried to protect her friends who were being targeted by a stalker. He also took it upon himself to save his mother when she was kidnapped, so he does have a need to save people, and since he failed to keep his girlfriend safe he is transposing his need to save someone on to Starr.

• Members

I just don't get anything from her. I don't get that she's holding back her grief. We have to read that in. She just seems to be there. I don't think RC ever had a lot of female character who weren't written to be hysterical (sometimes they were and the actresses underplayed it), so Anna just sort of takes up space.

• Members

They write Michael pretty consistent. Since I typed the other message I remembered when he saved his girlfriend from her abusive ex boyfriend, and he recently tried to save Sonny from something or other at a bakery I think it was. He had problems with his sister's jerk boyfriend also. Michael is pretty likable I find. He is just a near saint who only wants to do good but never catches a break and to whom horrible things always happen. His flaw is he stays loyal to his repulsive parents and Jason, but being saintly he overlooks their criminal behavior and sees the good within. (not that I see it, but he does I guess)

• Members

I think she is filled with grief and sadness. you can see it in her body language and in her eyes. she is holding it together for everyone else, and i think they have done a good job of showing that subtly actually. its the looks, and the little touches she will give Patrick letting him know she is there. She isnt a mess though.

• Members

I'd like to see that, and I see it at times like when Robert was with Emma, but then they cut away for fancy editing work. Only certain people seem to get a chance to build up more of a range of emotion.

• Members

Well, we did see Anna holding old photo albums of her, Robert and Robin. But ITA, there are a treasure trove of old flashbacks RC could use. But he's got this fetish with repeating the same flashback over and over again. What RC is missing is having Robert voice he LOVED Robin dearly before he learned she was his child. That first scene sums up the utter delight Robert took in his princess, Robin, from day one.

The clips of FH I've watched show visibly trembling as she struggles not to lose control. I'm guessing she will collapse soon or have some meltdown. The Anna I loved handled a crisis well and I see her in crisis mode. I really enjoy her and TR's work with little Emma. They should find the koala flashbacks with Kim M and air them back to back. I am not sure all the fans caught the significance of the Princess Scorpio scene.

As for Michael, last I watched, he worshiped at Saint Jason's feet. So it makes sense he has a savior complex thingie. I used to love Starr but she was propped to an extreme degree on OLTL. She was the sacchrine ingenue who was never called or allowed to be wrong so I have no interest in watching her on GH. In fact, the only time I liked James was their last scene when he nailed her selfish hide. I cheered Dani exposing her hypocritical behind too but that was short-lived as soap gods forbid Starr be tarnished.

Archived