The Madonna Thread

YRBB

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think... Miami but I may be mistaken

She felt a breeze of cold air from AC which she had totally forbidden and was not willing to continue if the AC is not turned off.

I remember in Europe in winter people were near collapse since she had ordered the air to be extremely warm and it was unbearable.

Diva.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)

Madonna will be live on TV Globo tonight from Copacabana in Rio with her last concert if the tour. Its expected to draw 2 million people there in person for the free concert 

Edited by Maxim

• Members
Posted (edited)

This tour ended up being a big triumph for her - not just commercially, because her legacy and back catalogue alone ensures she can still draw crowds - but after her near death experience last year, she surprisingly has looked more healthier (even with a grueling worldwide touring schedule at the age of 65), and seems more appreciative of both her legacy (which she often ignored in the past) and of her fan support than ever. I’m glad I got to see her in NYC back in January. 

Many may have come before and after her, but she is the Queen of Pop, and I’m grateful she’s still around when so many of her Pop peers are not or are totally irrelevant at this point.

I can’t imagine my life had I not grown up with her or followed her for so many years. I don’t say that about many celebrities, but I often feel like I experienced so much of life and the world through following her for so long, as weird as that sounds. When so many pop stars were trying to sell a highly manufactured image that was foisted upon them by the industry that they couldn’t live up to, Madonna told us it was OK to be who you really are and that, “Everybody is a star. Everyone is special in their own way” as the lyrics to ‘Spotlight’ say.

Please register in order to view this content

Anyway, this Rio show was such a massive undertaking. I’m happy it was a success and she’s ending this tour, which is supposed to celebrate her 40 years in the industry, on a very high note.

And she made history, too!

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members
Posted (edited)

I do think she's looked and sounded a lot better recently. One of the last times I came in this thread there was some mortifying appearance I couldn't take my eyes off of, so it's nice to see her improved. She will always be exactly who she set out to be and you can't fake that these days, no matter how many try.

Edited by Vee