Ingo Rademacher "Hatin" on the new Regime

• Members

I didn't take it as a slam against Carlintini just took it as a joke (Ingo does that a lot not new) re: blending the two shows & rumors re: GH cancellation I didn't interpret it as a dig there have been many who has joked about regimes Cat said does this mean Frons is a serial killer. People are referring to GH as General Hospital to live; I think its much ado about nothing.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well its popping up that GH is in big trouble there is a big article in the latest Globe (2.6.12 pg 37) re: General Hospital going PrimeTime "Stunning TurnAround for Threatened Soap"

...it defines GH as a "doomed soap opera" that may be on the verge of a miracle recoveryit has a big pic of Kimberlly McCoullough & Jason Thompson ..

"While fans are still outraged that AMC & OLTL got the ax,sources say ABC is hoping to pacify some viewers by moving their last remaining, one-hour daytime drama into an evening slot. It says how Frank Valentini is bringing over the OLTL veterans Kassie dePaiva, Roger Howarth, Michael Easton, Kirsten Alderson reprising their roles.

It goes on to say soap fans hve been up in arms since ABC announced the cancellation of OLTL & AMC,prompting Globe to launch our fight to save our soaps. But Silas Kain popular broadcast host (BlogTalk Radio) believes its another way to manipulate fans because of the growing soap movement......" It also mentions how GH time slot has been taken over by Katie Couric..

.so?

• Members

I do think a lot of this is silly. Garin Wolf is a scab who has written TERRIBLE stuff throughout his career, yet everybody was willing to wait and give him a shot. Of course we see how that worked out. He didn't even seem to have some sort of vision when discussing his GH to the press. Now Carlivati is actually giving you an idea of his perspective as a writer AND GH fan (not to mention immediately bringing back THREE GH stars), yet everybody is up and arms due to the OLTL characters.

Like any HW, I'm going to wait and see, at least until we know some story details. And honestly, how is this any different from ANY new HW bringing on new characters? I don't recall Angie & Jesse taking over Loving or Skye or even Rae taking over the ABC soaps. I just wish ABC had done this more often in recent years. Y&R/B&B had great success with crossovers and so has ABC.

• Members

Ingo was supposed to come back for another visit per his Twitter a month or so ago, but it was cancelled, likely believed to be due to lack of budget.

Yet the new regime has the money for their OLTL pets all of a sudden. I can see why he is pissed if this is where the snark stems from.

Archived