OLTL: Wednesday January 11, 2012

• Members

Not getting ABC's commercials here, atleast they advertised it during the final week so SOME fans would know about it. I still picture them tuning into GH and realizing how awful it is and just tuning back out by the time RC's writing and the Mannings appear...

Ceara did move with Jeremy but was shot coming off the train in Corinth (or something?) lol. Of course it wasn't Genie Francis but a double playing her by then...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL I can't believe some fans fast forwarded the third last episode no matter how lame it was wink.png

Honestly I think I'm just feeling nostalgic and sad about the end of the show, I actually felt teary eyed much to my extreme shame at the James Starr stuff and I have NEVER EVER paid any attention to them.

As others said the random girl, Sam's sister or not, was so odd--I wondered if she was some new character they planned on making the star of PP's One Life to Live. tongue.png But I do echo many of the feelings--Starr *is* going off with Rick? If he can make her a star or not, how lame of her to be so idiotic to trust such a sleeze (nevermind the fact she could so easily get out of this contract Bazz signed without her). I actually kinda liked that Viv and Shawn (as much as they've never made a huge impression in their non story to me) didn't end up getting married (I assume they won't anyway).

I do agree that it's not fair to give RC an easy pass and blame anything not liked this week on PP--we've now learned how sketchy things were with PP and teveryone involved should have known that there was at least a 50% chance things wouldn't happen.

Oh and I actually liked the Natalie John scene (again blame my sadness about the show ending please :P ). For once John actually owned up to what he did (I wish the Neela/Jack stuff had been written a bit more like that, yes she "betrayed him" but I would have pointed out that he even if Neela felt bad for him and didn't want him to be locked up for life, he DID deserve everything he got).

• Members

I just don't think PP had a lot to do with this stuff - I do blame them for some of the Todd mess, but everything with Ford's death and the long Rex/Gigi goodbye seems like RC. Stories never really end, they just stop.

I must say the aftermath of Ford's death was very oddly handled. I get that they wanted to surprise us at first about who would die, but to just end so abruptly on Luna having to "choose" undercut a lot of the drama. What about Ford accepting that he was dead? What about him defying his father one last time? Instead he just ran around, flapping his wings, before a lot of hollow grieving from bad actors.

• Members

Sorry my sentence structure was unclear :P I agree with you--I meant that people who blame anything they dislike going on currently on the fact that it was meant to continue on PP are giving Ron IMHO an easy pass...

I liked the shock opening of the episode with the reveal I admit, but you're spot on about Luna. Meh I guess I chalk it up to more not really thought out RC style soap logic... Is every Angel allowed to save someone? How come for everyone else it seemed to be their own choice if they were ready? How come when Clint ran into Heaven and was with Vicki Megan didn't have to choose only one to save?

• Members

The Heaven episode made me cry and cry, I enjoyed it a lot, but it was too quick. It should've been a 2-day affair. That would've allowed them to do more with everyone, specifically the Ford arc, which I thought they gave a good college try. I despised Robert Ford and I rejoice in his death, but I thought they were honest on his last day. He did rape her, and I thought his last line to his father - "at least I'm asking the right questions" - was a great metaphysical statement. It allowed OLTL to have it both ways with the viewers who either like him or hate him (like me) - yes, Ford dies, but he is allowed to ascend because he strives to become better, even in death. I also thought there should've been much more of - well, everyone, but especially Van Hughes as Cole with Luna - I thought they were great together - and Jerry ver Dorn with Crystal Hunt. They were faboo. I thought they handled Clint's issues very well, but again, it was too quick.

They needed one more day. And maybe a few more dead people for good measure. Why not snag Lynn Benesch (Meredith) again? Victor Sr in Hell? I'd take Spencer Truman, why not? Irene?

• Members

I could accept the whole soap angel thing, and any inconsistency, if there were a little more followthrough. For instance, Clint keels over and a day later, he's fine. Why not have him in the hospital too? And instead of him just being with Stacy, what if he was with both Stacey and Eddie, and any Eddie/Ford interaction was left to Ford's last scene, where Ford learns his fate? The only thing I got out of their scenes is that Eddie seemed to be up for some incest - presumably that wasn't the idea.

I think they just tied up Ford's character this way to say, look, he's a hero, I hope those people who hated Ford are happy now. Regardless of my feelings on Ford, I think his death could have been tied up more dramatically with the heaven/hell stuff they were using, especially since nothing happened in the scenes with Megan/Viki and Bo/Gabrielle (I think they could have had Megan appear to Viki in a dream - maybe Viki would be afraid of taking a chance on life, or something).

• Members

I thought they did a little bit of what Carl is talking about with Ford in just those couple scenes, but they could have done more to underline the idea; he is 'asking the questions' and will continue to strive to better himself in the afterlife. But that's why I think the whole thing needed 2 days. There was very little going on with Viki and Megan, there could've been more there - she overcomes Victor Sr.'s spirit once more, perhaps - and Bo and Gabrielle was diverting but really had little purpose. I also thought they could've intimated that Al was around somewhere keeping her company (perhaps they could've represented Al by having a silhouetted figure hurl crates through the scene from stage left).

Is Barbara Luna alive? I would've gotten a kick out of her taunting Clint, too.

• Members

I kind of wish they'd brought Chris Stack in as Al (I know he never played Al, but Marston wasn't going to be asked back and Stack did play Michael, Al's reincarnation or whatever), although I guess that was pointless, since Gabrielle had little to do.

I think Barbara's alive. I don't know how she's doing but I think she still goes to some conventions.

I get the idea of paying tribute to the Heaven story again, but since most of them had little reason for going there, I would have gone for dream sequences - for Bo I think they could have gotten all the ladies back, at least those played by actresses who are still living.

• Members

Oh, that would have been a trip! Everyone else could've gotten one ghost, but Bo could have gotten Gabrielle, Didi O'Neill, AND Jensen Buchanan as Sarah. I would've cracked the [!@#$%^&*] up. That would be absolutely priceless. That is absolutely what they should have done.

I was fine with the concept of the episode, and I enjoyed it a lot. I just think it needed two days to really flesh out what they were going for with Ford and Clint, though I was pleased with that - and also to give Viki and others more to do.

• Members

Yeah, I'm regretting deciding to tape the last week. Monday's episode was fun and I didn't ff through anything, but Tuesday and Wednesday were just awful! I think it took less than 5 minutes to watch each episode with all the ff-ing through.

Eric, I've watched this show off and on for over 30 years and I needed to ff through the characters I can't stand (Natalie, John, Jack, Rex, all things Ford, Destiny & her brother who both need acting lessons). I knew RC wouldn't bring back Larry Wolek, but I expected the characters currently on the canvas to celebrate the history of the show more or at least interact. Do Bo & Nora even know that Clint & Viki are both in the hospital? Where are Tina & Cord? I find it ludicrous that the show had them around a few weeks ago but they didn't pretape scenes where they visit Clint & Viki after they were both shot. This is easily the worst final week of any soap I've ever seen!

Archived