Nightclubs on Soaps

• Members

What are your faves?

I think the best on AMC was Nexus (which was actually in NYC, not Pine Valley). Erica had a disco club named - what else? - ERICA'S!

There was a gay club in PV called The Blue Angel, I think; Bianca and Leo went there. Sounds of Salsa (S.O.S.) was OK; I remember when they had an Erica Kane look-alike drag contest (with Erica as one of the judges).

Too bad there wasn't The Petting Zoo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasn' The Blue angel meant to be in Center City? (Was Agnes Nixon a Marlene Dietrich fan?) I've loved what I've seen of Erica's (I find it amusing that the soaps were all about 5 years late with the disco boom--though then again if Pine Valley is meant to be a small suburb it wasn't until 1979/80 or so that discos started popping up everywhere in suburbia).

I always wonder about long forgotten venues--is Le Chateau (I think that was Nick's joint) now office space? SOS was ok, but I hated Holidays--simply because of the name.

• Members

Holidays seemed more like a restaurant to me than a club. Wasn't it kind of like KWAK's restaurant? ConFusion was such a gay club in disguise! It seemed that way to me, anyway. The trance music and all-male (beefy) bartenders were the giveaway.

Remember when Annie got hosed and almost was taken advantage of by those jocks (before JR rescued her)? It seemed they would have went to a sport's bar or something.

• Members

ATWT introduced a disco in 78.I remember the YouTube clip,with about 4 extras jerking around to probably non-existent music.It was so lame.

Marland introduced Wired for Sound to GL in the early 80's.

Days had Jump! run by Pete Jannings.It was somehow tied into The Body Connection gym.Then there was Doug's Place.

Love of Life had Club Beaver Ridge.

A lot of soap venues weren't strictly nightclubs(too limiting) but more hybrid restaurants,supper clubs.

• Members

In the late 80's, ATWT had The Cellar, which was something of a club (although there wasn't a lot of dancing), designed for "the kids," as the Mona Lisa was for adults.

This has one of my favorite ATWT scenes ever, as, in the height of Lily obsession, the camera pans over several different people who are reacting to her angst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVqll-DgvjU&feature=related

• Members

Oh man, I love it when you scroll down and find that another poster has totally beat you to the punch, taking the words right out of your mouth. :lol:

Here is GL's Wired for Sound... I hope Jonathan Reiner has seen this clip as he was always dropping not so subtle hints in his column for GL to send him over some footage of Jennifer Holliday's stint:

• Members

I thought Confusion on AMC had potential and loved its opening but then it didnt know what it wanted to be. The day they started serving chinese food there for lunch had me rolling my eyes. Heck they even managed to have Spike and Miranda's Thanskgiving play there as a backup auditorium for the local school. I guess it lived up to its name.

Archived