General Hospital and "Faces of the Hearts"

• Members

I am on team Autumn Breeze.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mFaw0LsIgSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Faces Of The Heart is a little too melancholy for my taste. It is ok but it is just a mopey riff on Autumn Breeze. You can hear where they base the beginning notes on it. Autumn Breeze however has such a big finish, it is like you are getting the overture to a really big show.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Every time I hear that closing music and think of what the show's become, I get a little sad. Something special died during the JFP/Guza era and it kills me a bit to think about it. And usually I'm very much a "It's just a show" kinda guy, but something about that music just gets me going in a very bizarre way.

I think FOTH is a great extension of the original track, but I think it fit a very specific time and place that was lost when Guza came on board. it absolutely does not suit the show as it stands now. If the show changed hands tomorrow and shifted focus from the mob and back to the hospital, I could see a theme change as appropriate, but as it stands now, the theme music suits the show perfectly: Annoying, shrill, obnoxious, and ill-conceived.

Archived