OLTL: SoapNET Marathon On New Years Day

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Judith Light was really good, but it wasn't as incredibly amazing as it's been hyped up to be over the decades.

Her performance took on a life of its own years ago, and the hype doesn't fit the reality. That's not to dismiss JL, who was very strong. Some of the others in that courtroom? Not so much. In particular, the lawyers looked like guys pretending to be lawyers, and the judge should've been retired long before that case.

This OLTL marathon is great, but let's not pretend that everything we see is AWESOME!! and AMAZING!! and MAGNIFICENT!!

• Members

I didn't think the first episode was a good enough representation of that era. I wanted something else from the 70s and early 80s! Too big of a gap! Don't get me wrong, it was good, but surely there is a Dorian or Viki episode from 76-86 they could use as well. Or maybe something with Ilene Kristen's first character for fun. LOVING Maria in this second episode though lol. I hate she's dead because she was ripe for a return. So over the top and that HAIR!!!

• Members

LOL. To follow your orders, Martha Cross sucks donkey balls.

And I have seen JL's witness stand scene so many times, that yes the effect has worn off..

But this Paul Rauch era stuff? All I can think is AWESOME, AMAZING, and MAGNIFICENT. This show was perfection to me as a young kid and teen, and that has never seemed to go away..

Archived