Jamie Foxx sucks!

KLN

• Members

Does he annoy anyone else? He plays a famous, beloved musician in a movie and now people are acting as if he IS that person. Suddenly, he goes from idiotic, comedic actor to heralded dramatic actor and he's got an album out. People are already acting as if his music is the voice of God. Seriously, people act as if they're just so in awe of his presence. I half expect them to bow at his feet and kiss his giant ring. And the worst part is that he acts so deserving. He acts like he's entitled. "Why, yes, I AM greatness. Look how humble I am, I love my grandma. My humble nature makes me even more great!"

And he's not attractive.

And to top it all off, I spent three weeks straight making his damn CD at work -- what a pain in the ass!

Anyone else over Jamie?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jamie foxx was a singer before he even did Ray, he released an album in the early 90's, it didn't do so hot because it was right after In living color and I think people didn't take him serious. Now that he's proven himself to be serious he used this as an opportunity to release an album. I don't see what the problem is, he has recently did two songs that have ray charles songs on the hooks, both were in remembrance of ray charles. Also on a side note, usher and jamie hang around diddy wtf is up with them starting to look and dress like him too????

• Members

He won the Oscar so now it's all gone to his head. The CD success is a result of his movie success. But he was a singer first, so returning to music isn't a surprise. He knows what he's doing. He knows that releasing a CD after his Oscar win will make money.

• Members

THANK YOU!! I totally agree.

I was ready to kill myself last award season when he would go up on stage and do that little "Uggggh...(uggggh" thing with the crowd. :rolleyes:

His win for Ray was absolutely overrated! IMO Joaquin Phoenix has done a much MUCH better job in this years bio-pic WALK THE LINE AND he sings too and had Jamie not won last year or got so much damn accalim for his bio-pic, Phoenix would be MUCH more of a threat this year.

Seriously Americans have a total hardon for this man and I have NO idea why, I am glad his success and populatiry is NOT catching on in Canada.

• Members

Jamie Foxx is just like any other actor or artist that gets highly praised for a movie or album, who capitalizes on that success. I may not be a big fan of his, but as an African American I'm proud of him because African Americans in hollywood rarely get recognition in films. I'm sick of it just being denzel, halle, and now jamie, there are alot of great african american actors and actresses in hollywood that are just ignored. Hopefully jamie has opened up some doors for other african american actors.

• Members

More ammunition to be on top of the [!@#$%^&*] list:

http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/40760989/4002877

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/Jamie_Foxx/

NBC is not doing any marketing & publicity on Jamie's Music Special on NBC because he stood his ground and wouldn't have any white guest as they requested. To make it even worse he had two controversial guest stars, that do not fit the "NBC profile" on his show. Tune in to find out who they are. They are purposely putting his show up against the second week of American Idol in hopes that it will fail. This will give them the excuse to never give another black person a music special because "it doesn't work". Let's show them that it does work, and that we support each other. Tivo Idol, and watch Jamie. I saw the taping, it is a good show. J Foxx making history on NBC. This is the first time NBC has ever aired an entire young urban African American cast on a music special. We need to show support. This was not an easy sell for Jamie and he stood his ground to make it happen the way he saw fit. JAMIE FOXX MUSIC SPECIAL WILL BROADCAST WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25TH @ 8:00PM PST on NBC.

----

Please take the time to forward the below message to everyone in your

address book. NBC is not doing any marketing and publicity on Jamie's Music

Special on NBC because he stood his ground and wouldn't have any white

guests as they requested. To make it even worse he had two controversial

guest stars that do not fit the "NBC profile" on his show.

Tune in to find out who they are. They are purposely putting his show up

against the second week of American Idol in hopes that it will fail.

This will give them the excuse to never give another black person a music

special because "it doesn't work."Let's show them that it does work, and

that we support each other. Tivo Idol and watch Jamie. I saw the taping, it

is a good show.

Jamie Foxx making history on NBC. This is the first time NBC has ever aired

an entire young urban African American cast on a music special. We need to

show support. This was not an easy sell for Jamie and he stood his ground to

make it happen the way he saw fit.

JAMIE FOXX MUSIC SPECIAL WILL BROADCAST

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25TH @ 8:00PM PST on NBC.

PLEASE MAKE IT A POINT WATCH!

There will be surprise special guests.

• Members

I don't think that's what the article meant. When reading it I took away that NBC wanted to add someone white that there regular audience can identify with rather than have him and a bunch of hip-hop artist perform on their network. There is nobody white on any of the songs on the "Unpredictable" album and since that's what they signed on to promote why should he be forced to stray from the regular guest that are on his album and add someone white because they are more audience friendly?

• Members

everyone is entitled to there own opnion..

That being said I adore Jamie Foxx..

I loved him from In Living Color then I got his first ablum..watched him on his own show.

I am a big time Jamie Foxx fan I followed his career from the very beginning.

and I don't get tired of new news about Jamie..

and I totally agree with the earlier poster that said something about African American actors and actresses

Archived