All: Soap scenes in movies

• Members

Not sure if there's a thread like this or not, but anyone think of soap scenes(from any soap) that were shown in movies?

I'm watching Mr. Mom and they showed quite a few scenes of Y&R with Nikki & Victor

Also Legally Blonde had a GH scene with JY Lucky and Liz

any more........??

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Taxi Driver had a scene from Y&R (Brock and Jill?)

I have vague memories of 9 to 5 when Dabney Coleman's character was kidnapped.I think it was the Jane Fonda character that brought him some soap magazines so he could keep up,but I don't recall if they actually show any soap on screen.

• Members

I love seeing soap scenes pop up on the big screen, and always point it out to whomever is watching with me :) ...

"9 to 5" showed Dabney Coleman watching the opening to Days of Our Lives during the lil music montage of them changing up the offices.

"Girl Interrupted" shows the girls watching a DAYS scene from the 1970's with Frances Reid on the screen.

The recent movie "The Help" shows Sissy Spacek's nutty character watching the opening credit of "The Guiding Light" from the 1950's

In "What Lies Beneath" with Michelle Pfieffer, her character visits the home of the missing woman, whose mother is watching a scene from "The Bold & the Beautiful" with Thorne and Macy on screen.

I haven't seen "Driving Miss Daisy" in a long time, but I remember people reporting that you see the servants watching "The Edge of Night" in the kitchen.

I think there was a long list of movie scenes featuring soaps, maybe on this site or on World of Soap Themes.

Archived