Your Soap's Best Location Shoot?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

EON- Switzerland with faux-Sky and Raven

DOOL - Greece for Justin & Adrienne's wedding

OLTL - Arizona for Clint's Old West story

RH - Ireland, of course. It dragged on a bit too long but it was basically a love letter/goodbye to Kate Mulgrew.

GH - Scotland for Duke & Anna's honeymoon; the mountains where Robert & Sean fought in the tram

• Members

I loved every moment of B/L on the beach! :) I think within the story it was supposed to be Lake Michigan, but it was actually somewhere way out on Long Island. I also loved Nick and Mindy in San Francsco and the madness of Roger and Holly in the Dominican jungle! :)

• Members

Kirk and Mindy's wedding locations ARE perfect, from the setting, the lighting, and the clothes. I don't remember being that impressed with it at the time but I was probably a spoiled soap watcher not thinking that the noxious combination of Wheeler, digital cams, and Peapack abondoned houses was looming in 20 or so years.

Too bad at this time the writing was crapola...Infinity/Reva overload and too many new characters had the show in the crapper.

I love the location shot of Reva after her disaster non wedding. Only pre resurrection Reva would have a disaster and then spend her time wandering around fields and orchards, in a Scarlett dress only to be almost run over and saved by her true love. Now THAT's a soap, as silly and cliched as it was.

• Members

IIRC, Mindy and Kurt's wedding was filmed at the Caramoor Estate (now an arts and cultural center) in Katonah, NY. Within the story, the original venue Mindy picked was double-booked with the wedding of a prince. Phillip offered up the use of a previously unmentioned (and, I believe, never mentioned again, lol) Spaulding country estate. During the move from one venue to the other, the suits Kurt, Phillip and Rick were supposed to wear were left behind and instead, they ended up wearing the clothing of the prince, et al.

Mindy and Kurt's wedding was one of my favorite location shoots. Also: the double wedding of Rachel/Mac and Blaine/Sandy on AW; Kathleen and Cass at Coney Island; GL's Four Musketeers in NY; Beth and Lujack on the beach (yes, it was shot out on Long Island) and Reva and Josh's first wedding in '89.

I also loved the location shoot for Lujack's music video, mostly because it was filmed in Hudson County, NJ, not far from where I lived at the time, in an area I was familiar with. It was filmed either during the Fourth of July or Labor Day Weekend in '85; and I remember coverage in our local papers at the time. I kept the clippings, but they seem to have gone missing in the intervening years.

ETA: Also Reva's aborted wedding to Kyle as mentioned above; and AW's Mallorca shoot with Sally, Catlin, Cass, et al.

Archived