Predict AMC Finale RATINGS.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm saying 3.2 Million for the episode. The promo has caught my grandmother, who rarely watches TV now AT ALL but still was very much into AMC back when it aired on CBC, so I know the promo will catch a LOT of lapsed viewers. The problem is the fact it's not going to get as many viewers as GL's ending IMO simply because it's now at the point of "yet another soap ending", even if it's one as recently popular as AMC was, so I'd be shocked if it hit 3 Million for the week.

• Members

When AMC spiked to 2.7 million week of Sept 5th I predicted the final 2 weeks would see more big gains. But sadly that didn't happen, and AMC fell back down to 2.4 million range again.

I think your guess is a good one. The finale spikes high due to the media attention but the rest of the week drags down its average.

I'd love to be wrong though and have a HUGE week for AMC. I didn't like much of the David resurrection crap I saw but it was obvious the cast and crew poured their heart into every scene, they deserve a huge response in return.

• Members

Its not promotion more like word of mouth buzz. I heard them taking in calls about the end of AMC on my local radio station here in Atlanta, they talked about it on the local news and of course it was all over the internet.

I don't see how you think the finale would only bring 2.5 million viewers, there have to be a lot of people who maybe waited until the final week or episode instead of the weeks prior.

I predict 3 million+ for the week, 3.5 million+ for the final episode. That's about 2.1-2.2 HH. Not completely unbelievable.

• Members

There seemed to be a lot more buzz around AMC's finale than it was for GL and ATWT. AMC was trending all day and was covered big-time in a lot of the news stories.

I think it cleared over 3 million viewers for sure but I think its possible it could've gotten close to 4 million. ABC Daytime is going to miss those ratings for sure.

• Members

Even if ABC hadn't promoted the finale of AMC, it was all over Twitter/Yahoo etc. that morning, and anyone who didn't know beforehand may also have tuned in.

I expect the numbers to be big. I wouldn't be surprised if the week average was as high as 2.8/2.9 million, maybe more. I think the last episode, however, could have been 3.5+.

Archived