Days: "Those were the Days" TV Guide article

• Members

The Days relaunch was in the works before ABC shocked the suds world by cancelling All My Children & One Life to Live. "It certainly did expedite our sense of urgency" says Greg Meng

On Sept. 26th Days will launch a reboot by "bringing back romance, heart-tugging relationships & some real family values" says Greg Meng who is masterminding the overhaul.

"We are welcoming back relatable characters the audience has cherished, played by the stars they want to see"

Leading that pack is Supercouple John & Marlena, who were unceremoniously axed in 2008 due to budget cuts. Also returning are Christie Clark, Patrick Muldoon and Matthew Ashford.

Bill & Susan Hayes & Mary Beth Evans are coming for shorter stays

The action will kick off with dedictation of the new Horton Town Square, a surprising turn happens when John is arrested(falsely we hope), for embezzlement & securities fraud charges. Meng hints that "over time the couple will be forced to get back to the basics-and really appreciate their love for each other."

Another twist we learn that the town's grand matriarch Alice Horton died with some huge secrets. "They totally come out of unfamiliar territory and will literally affect everyone in Salem" says Meng.

Meng will reveal in time why Jack so callously abandoned Jennifer "When you find out the reason he did what he did, your heart will reach out to him, it's a story very relative to today's headlines"

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really want to start watching the show everyday as well.

But with John and Marlena being back....it just feels wrong on so many levels.

That's just not entertainment to me.

Hopefully they won't be on everyday and shoved into my face and I'll be able to enjoy the show.

• Members

In our house it was always a big soap war...my sisters watched CBS, my mom NBC and me ABC. What we watched depended upon who got to the tv remote first. I'm glad the original Austin is back and I cannot wait to see Carrie back on the show. I hope they bring in more Brady's, Horton's and Kirikias family members. I like Jarlena but I always preferred her with Roman. I'd love to see a triangle or some jealousy on John's part rear from time to time, since Marlena and Roman are still connected to each other (and always will be) via their children and grandchildren.

• Members

The only way I'd want a Roman/Marlena revisit were if Wayne Northrop returned to the role, but since Josh Taylor is buddy-buddy with Ken Corday, that'll never happen. :(

I like how they are returning to "family values" but going forward with the gay storyline/gay characters. Very much a Modern Familly approach to family values, which is a good thing :)

Archived