Nasty co-workers

soapfan770

• Members

Oh dear god in heaven today I got into it with a co-worker(ok I supervise now so technically she's under me) who I've never cared for(she yelled at me for doing something wrong no one told me about my very first day on the job before I was promoted). She's a 61-year old lady originally from India but I have little time or respect for her the way she treats others like slaves due to her bossiness yet does little work herself. Plus some how she got her lazy son a job there. Due to her accent I don't understand what she is ever trying to say except she goes around fussing a lot herself and tries to boss others around(she once owned her own family business, which I understand they promptly ran into the ground).

Anyways we've butted heads a couple of times but today was really the last straw. I came into to work only to find everyone behind because 1. she was late to work 2. she missed a deadline 3. she let her regular daily duties slide 4. she was blaming it on other people and when asked why she didn't do her everyday work used the flimsy excuse of "oh no one told me to do it" when she knows she is suppose to do it everyday. When I saw doing this I finally snapped at her over her slacking and we got into a heated argument. Due to her accent she misunderstood some things I said and thought I insulted her. Thankfully my manager has my back although he did tell him I was wrong to correct her in the fashion I did (arguing back) which I can agree with and acknowledge. My point is I don't care if you're 61 and once owned your own business just because you're a good 30 years older than me when you're not doing you're work, being nasty and disrespectful and you have some pretty non-valid reasons to get behind and you're not the wise old granny you think you are I definitely will call you at out for not doing your work under my watch.

Does anyone else have these weird problematic co-workers? I've also in the past had to deal with older workers who can be as lazy and apathetic as some 17-year old grocery sacker(like I was once ^_^) in the past and its rather hard to apply that "respect your elders" rule to them.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived