THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA 25TH 10/2

DAMfan

• Members

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA 25TH

10/2 - THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA | 10/02/2011

NCM Fathom and Omniverse Vision are partnering to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Andrew Lloyd Webber's history-making The Phantom of the Opera with a fully staged musical celebration broadcast LIVE from London's Royal Albert Hall. Broadway’s longest running show, seen by over 100 million people worldwide, comes to life on the big screen for a special event featuring over 200 cast members, orchestra musicians and luminaries involved with The Phantom of the Opera over the past 25 years.

The Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for viewers to experience one of the most beloved musicals of all time from their local movie theater. Witness this LIVE cinema event on Sunday, October 2 at 2:00pmET / 1:00pmCT / 12:00pmMT / 11:00amPT (HI/AK Tape Delayed at 2:00pm Local Time) with three additional showings on October 5, 6 and 11 at 7:30pm local time.

Tickets are on sale NOW for all four events! Choose your preferred performance date from the drop down menu and enter in your zip code to purchase tickets today!

http://www.fathomevents.com/performingarts/series/phantomoftheopera.aspx

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Being a SOndheim fanatic, I can't wholeheartedly support Andrew Lloyd Webber (wink.png before anyone gets defensive I'm merely making a joke about the stupid rivalry among some theatre fans that you can't appreciate both Sondheim and Lloyd Webber) but Phantom was the first professional musical I saw as a kid. I wish they would just film the brilliant Hal Prince/Maria Bjornson original production, which I think elevates the material (and Joel Shumacker's film proved how wrong some people get it)--and not some new concert staging, although I hear this will be more staged than the recent Les Miz concerts. I get it--they want people to still have to see the show live, so promote a concert version to make more money, but at this point I think they should just release it (particularly since with hte closing of the not great rreceived sequel Love Never Dies, Webber has announced he IS releasing a DVD of that production).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived