TV Guide Interview with Susan Seaforth Hayes

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Susan, you are NOT the next Horton matriarch. Suzanne Rogers already has that job and she's doing it beautifully.

There's something smug about Susan Seaforth Hayes, sometime very entitled about her, that I have never liked.

Good that she admitted to her plastic surgery in that last question. She does look good, though the hair's a disaster.

• Members

I do think there's a place for Doug and Julie - Julie is such an interesting character, you could put her in a lot of places. They have a real spark. It's always a little weird for me when I watch because Hope seems like such a depressed character, compared to Doug, or most of the Hortons.

I agree with her reasons for daytime's decline. I did have to laugh at Logan sort of trying to bait her into talking about Y&R. Since they still employ her every so often I doubt that will happen.

• Members

You can hear that while his voice may have been too bland to really make it as a singing star, he does have a pleasant voice. He would have been sort of a Steve Lawrence type singer, but he didn't have an Edye Gorme to carry his act. Still, no doubt he will always be the nicest singer in just about any group of random people.

• Members

I definitely think SSH could do more, but based on her recent work on Y&R. She showed over there that she can still have a strong presence and be a big draw. I actually wish she WAS on contract or heavily recurring on Y&R. Would've been smart once Michael and Lauren became so popular. Of course that has all be ruined now and there is no telling if either of those characters are still a huge draw. But she was a good addition to the dynamic in that family.

• Members

I think it would be best that Julie & Doug takes the spot of Tom & Alice, because they are the first true supercouple that the show seem to forget about. Suzanne Rogers is doing a good job, but its always room for more Vets, and Susan's Julie is a Horton by blood.

How did you get Plastic Surgery out of the last sentence?

• Members

First of all, I don't think there's always room for more vets, as much as I love them (and I am NOT a Julie Williams hater, I actually love the character, it's SSH I'm not fond of)...DAYS is better than most with its vets, but even Suzanne Rogers has only had a renaissance in the last couple years. If Julie Williams is on canvas, she should be Sami's mentor and sounding board, she's been great when she's been given that role.

The problem with SSH is that she's a well known bitch on the DAYS set, she's even admitted that and in the production model they have now, there's no time for bitches who get demanding. She's still at it, look how she's demanded a meeting with the writers!

And I got plastic surgery out of the last sentence because SSH said that she and her doctor thank Logan for the compliment that she looks good.

• Members

One thing I think Doug and Julie add is some life - sometimes when I watch DAYS, it seems so very drab. I thought Vivian's return would help with that, but the show had no idea where to take her. So it's left to Kate, Maggie, VIctor, Stefano, sometimes Nicole, and that's about it. It would be nice to see a little bit of fun. I don't mean histrionics, just some variety.

• Members

I'm always for more Doug and Julie. I mean, their characters and their whole vibe are just nuts. The singing, the crazy [!@#$%^&*] they come up with. No one left in that age group on daytime today is like that. They could do a lot more. People forget they were DAYS back in the day, Julie on that couch pining for Doug - they were Sonny and Brenda, Luke and Laura, Holden and Lily. They deserve a bigger spot than they have on the canvas.

Archived