Best and Worst Directors

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont know who directs GH but I think their directors are the best in daytime. They set up some beautiful shots and pay real attention to the technical aspects and the visual as well. They go for unique to daytime angles and visuals and GH has a look that makes the other soaps look like archaic filmed stage plays. Francophrenia, the first Franco montage, Luke's intervention, the Jason montage the other day...you just seen interesting things visually on GH you just don't see on the other soaps.

• Members

I think GH has an amazing team of directors as well. Owen Renfroe, Scott McKinsey, William Ludel, Penny Pengra, and Phideaox Xavier are all talented. Francophrenia is one of my fave GH episodes.

Pretty much only know of current soap directors. I would say Angela Tessinari, Michael Pomarico, Shelley Curtis, Jill Mittwell, Larry carpenter, Albert Alarr, and Conal O' Brien.

I was going to say Enza Dolce but not after that horrendous Zarf music video, she lost points with me on this

LOL. But I do like her current work on AMC with all the outdoor shoots.

Not that I think he's totally bad, but I never get the big deal over Casey "Swish" Childs from AMC. LOL. I think he has done some of the most redundant, cringeworthy work. I just don't like his style. He's toned it down a notch lately but still...

• Members

Angela Tessinari is very impressive. And not just relative to AMC's otherwise sucky directing team. I think she would match up well against any of GH or YR's solid directors. It's very unfortunate that she only directed about one episode a month after the move to LA. But it also says a lot that the show kept her on, even if one episode a month is all she was willing to do.

Michael Pomarico used to impress me back in New York when he was the show's technical director and only directed episodes occasionally. Since becoming a full-time director, however, his work has been as uninspired as Childs and Williford.

• Members

My favorite directors include:

Larry Auerbach (AMC, ANOTHER WORLD, AS THE WORLD TURNS, LOVE OF LIFE, OLTL)

Bruce S. Barry (GUIDING LIGHT)

Ira Cirker (AW, ATWT, THE EDGE OF NIGHT)

Harry Eggart (AW, GL, OLTL)

Paul Lammers (AW, ATWT, EON)

Peter Miner (GL, OLTL)

Jill Mitwell (ATWT, GL, OLTL)

Richard Pepperman (ATWT, EON)

David Pressman (OLTL)

John Sedwick (B&B, DARK SHADOWS, EON, SANTA BARBARA)

Leonard Valenta (AW, ATWT, EON, GL)

Maria Wagner (ATWT)

Archived