OLTL: Actress and coupling here to stay?

• Members

Ford has a lot of fans. The Fords sunk the ratings only because it seemed like they were invading the show and last summer ('10) was all kiddies, all the time. A more mature Ford in a storyline with Jess could work. He's a better actor than JPL and more fun to look at. If they write him a decent story, I have no problems with him staying.

Unpopular, I know, but I enjoy Ford, Cutter, Aubrey, Rama, Christian, Vimal. They don't irritate me as badly as Gigi, Rex, Baz, Jack, Dani, Nate, or Destiny.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I think OLTL is the one soap who's had much success at integrating new characters onto the canvas and having them interact with established vets and make me actually care about them. Granted, they're not 100% perfect at it, but they're much more successful than other soaps...

• Members

I think OLTL has struggled greatly with this in recent years. Most of the promising new characters are fired. Most of the dead weight, like the Fords, Gigi, Danielle, stay on and on. The embarrassing attempts to find any way, anyhow, to make Rama, Aubrey, or Cookie Cutter fit in are the latest example.

Even if Ford were more mature I don't see any chemistry with Bree and neither have the talent to make a bad story work.

I don't know what you could do with Ford, but I would keep him away from Jessica at any cost. I would probably have Ryder turn out to be Brody's and have Jessica and Brody leave the show, never to be mentioned again.

Maybe Ford could be some bisexual gigolo. I don't know.

Archived