GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Alan being gone left a huge hole in the show.  Not just as a Q or his relationship with Monica.  His scenes as a doctor, and his ability as a character to go from caring doctor to manipulative bastard never felt false.  Alan was all those things.

The loss of Alan and the diminshing of the Q’s also let out all the tension in Jason.  When he had that Jason Q past as a constant reminder at odds with Jason Morgan, it gave him more depth as a character.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I feel the same way as you both. It was a MASSIVE mistake. Just like when Phelps killed off Maureen on GL.

It really pissed me off and still does. A lot of things the show has done over the years pisses me off. They have little regard for their vets, still, and it's a real shame. So many are active and vital! DON'T KILL THEM OFF! lol

Ron really pissed me off bringing back Duke and AJ only to kill them again. Why am I stuck watching Julian and Franco get redeemed over and over again in an effort to make them work? I'd much rather be watching Duke Lavery play daddy to Griffin and AJ in a relationship with Liz. Instead we get Julian and Franco propped ad nauseum. And Nina running her mouth yet ultimately adding nothing to the show.

Sigh.

SIGH.

Edited by KMan101

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I really love Denise Alexander and Lesley in those scenes.  As Lesley, she refuses to collapse under the weight of her nemesis, Monica's, venomous insults.  She won't give her that satisfaction.  It's good (and rare these days) to see a female stand up for herself in that fashion.

• Members

So many people I know readily admit to loathing Sonny, Carly, Michael Easton's 900 roles, etc.,  on today's GH, but lots of characters from the past seemed universally loved by the vast majority of viewers: Lesley Webber, Steve Hardy, Jessie Brewer, etc. Why can't soaps create likeable characters anymore?

• Members

Oh my mother hated Lesley back in the day.  Hated her.    She didn’t care for Audrey either.  So it’s not just modern fans.

I wasn’t really that fond of Robert.  But when he came back during the contagion story, I was shocked how happy I was to have him back and how much I had truly missed him.