• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Los Angeles General Medical Center will recognize our storied past while also launching us into a very bright future.”

In the motion, Solis cited widespread confusion between County-USC and “the nearby Keck Hospital of USC.”

She said research indicated “there is no consistent name or brand” by which the general public or even the patients and staff know the establishment, which was long known simply as General Hospital. Its image is still used in exterior shots for the long-running TV soap opera of that name.

• Members

That reference to Scotty and Lee meeting makes it seem like it was the first time but I think earlier in the summaries they  did meet-maybe 1966?

Barbara X??? what's that about? Maybe Malcolm X's sister?

And little Jack that wanted to live with Steve and Audrey was played by Barry Williams -Greg from the Brady Bunch.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Yeah I did a double-take at that myself, but after reading the summary again I think it is supposed to refer to Lee and Scotty meeting up for the first time since Lee and Meg's separation, hence Scotty asking Lee where he has been.

• Members

She used a cane for many years too.  It’s always great to see Lila when she was more in the thick of things.  And original Edward was such a fun rascal bastard.  I love JI and the Mary Mae story, which I can never imagine David Lewis in.  But nobody played the pain of his relationship with Tracy better than David Lewis.  When she left in the early 90’s he almost breaks your heart looking out the window.  And he was much more fun and wiley than the blowhard  he becomes under Ingle.

• Members

An absolute lead!

Carol is played by Nancy Fisher.  

Sorry about the confusion, I just typed it the way it was in the summary, Scotty definitely had a father/son relationship with Lee at this point.

Barbara X is a runaway, who, from what I gather, wouldn't give her name.

Jack by this point is being played by Rory O'Brien.

Coming up...Paul Carr is replaced with Craig Huebing as Dr. Peter Taylor starting with the next episode summary.  Here we go!

Monday, October 6, 1969: Jessie asks Steve if he thinks there is hope for Phil's return.

Tuesday, October 7: Meg tries to answer Scotty's questions about why his father isn't home.

Wednesday, October 8: Carol arrives and tells Jane and Howie about her possible new job at NOW magazine.

Thursday, October 9: Scotty and Lee have dinner.  Tracy tells Steve she hasn't heard from Jeff since he left the hospital.

Friday, October 10: Jeff calls asking to see Tracy.

Monday, October 13: Iris upsets Lee when she suggests they shouldn't have a personal relationship.

Tuesday, October 14: Tracy has lunch with Jeff and agrees to teach a hygiene class to ghetto children.  Ralph Gordon, Barbara's father, comes to the hospital looking for her, but Jessie refuses to tell him where she is.

Wednesday, October 15: Barbara, learning her father is looking for her, threatens to run away.

Thursday, October 16: Meg calls Tom and tells him that Scotty is sick.

Friday, October 17: Steve blows up upon learning that Tom proposed to Audrey.

Monday, October 20: Jessie brings Barbara to the hospital to meet with her father; when he admits his mistakes, Barbara's resistance weakens, and she goes into his arms.  Scotty is brought to the hospital.

Tuesday, October 21: Test results show that Scotty needs a kidney transplant.

Wednesday, October 22: Jane tells Howie she might be pregnant.  Lee tells Meg he will make sure Scotty gets the best care, regardless of expense.

Thursday, October 23: Tom reports that Scotty has a cystic disease of the kidney and will need dialysis.

Friday, October 24: Lee gets a letter from the police in Rio de Janeiro saying that Phil has been spotted.

Monday, October 27: Tracy tells Steve that they need to start looking for a kidney donor for Scotty.

Tuesday, October 28: Meg and Lee tell Scotty about the need for dialysis.

Wednesday, October 29: Mrs. Dawson is delighted to hear that Jane is pregnant.

Thursday, October 30: Audrey has not yet made up her mind about marrying Tom.

Friday, October 31: Meg agrees to be tested to see if she can be Scotty's donor.

Monday, November 3: Jessie hears from Barbara and learns the girl is back in school.

Tuesday, November 4: Tom expresses his doubts to Audrey over the validity of Iris' happiness that Meg and Lee are back together.

Wednesday, November 5: Carol encourages Howie in his search for work.

Thursday, November 6: Meg is not a viable match to donate a kidney to Scotty.

Friday, November 7: Lee insists on being tested as a donor.

Monday, November 10: Denise writes to Steve that she would like to return as a volunteer.  Sharon reveals she had a miscarriage.

Tuesday, November 11: Jessie encourages Meg to tell Scotty he needs a kidney transplant.

Wednesday, November 12: Jessie learns of a plane crash in South America; Peter scolds her for worrying that Phil may have been onboard.  Tom tells Lee he is a match to Scotty for kidney donation.

Thursday, November 13: Meg is overwhelmed when Lee tells her he is donating a kidney to Scotty.

Friday, November 14: Lee receives word that Phil was killed in the plane crash; Steve, Lee and Peter tell Jessie the bad news.  The audience sees that Phil is actually unconscious in a hospital in South America under a false name.

Monday, November 17: Steve tells Lucille and Tom that Phil is dead.

Tuesday, November 18: Howie is bored and would prefer to talk about anything other than the baby.

Wednesday, November 19: Sharon admits to Lucille that she is envious of Jane.

Thursday, November 20: Meg is nervous for Lee and Scotty's operations.

Friday, November 21: Phil regains consciousness.

Monday, November 24: Scotty and Lee go into surgery.

Tuesday, November 25: Lee awakens and is concerned about Scotty; Tracy comes to tell all that Scotty made it through surgery.

Wednesday, November 26: Jessie tells Peter that she doesn't feel she has much to be thankful for.

Thursday, November 27: Pre-empted.

Friday, November 28: Henry quarrels with Sharon over her relationship with patient Barry Carter.

Monday, December 1: Peter suggests the hospital have a memorial service for Phil.

Tuesday, December 2: Steve reassures Lee about Scotty's progress.

Wednesday, December 3: Steve sees Audrey and Tom holding hands.

Thursday, December 4: Carol urges Howie to dress differently if he wants to succeed in business.  Lee talks to Iris about his and Meg's marriage; when he leaves, Iris writes a resignation letter.

Friday, December 5: Jeff asks Tracy to marry him.  After Phil's service, Jessie wonders why she should go on living.

Monday, December 8: Lee goes to Iris to try to understand why she quit.

Tuesday, December 9: Jane tells Lucille that Mrs. Dawson feels Carol's influence over Howie is keeping him from being interested in the baby.

Wednesday, December 10: Tom probes Iris about the reason she resigned.

Thursday, December 11: Audrey tells Tom she will marry him.

Friday, December 12: Peter and Jessie spend a pleasant evening together.

Monday, December 15: Audrey tells Steve she will marry Tom.

Tuesday, December 16: Denise calls Steve to say she is in town; he goes to see her and they have a happy reunion.

Wednesday, December 17: Jane is privately pleased when Howie admits that he is fed up with Carol because she is bossy.

Thursday, December 18: Lee and Meg bring a Christmas tree to Scotty's room.

Friday, December 19: Phil, in disguise, is interviewed by South American policeman.

Monday, December 22: Denise tells Steve how she was unsuccessful in trying to forget him.

Tuesday, December 23: Meg urges Lee to invite Iris to spend Christmas with them.

Wednesday, December 24: Everyone gathers in Scotty's room as Steve tells the Nativity Story.

Thursday, December 25: Pre-empted.

Friday, December 26: Tom gives Iris a gift and tells her he is engaged to Audrey.

Monday, December 29: Scotty is released from the hospital. Tracy agrees to marry Jeff.

Tuesday, December 30: Jessie is convinced to go to see her brother in New York.

Wednesday, December 31: Lee tells Meg how happy and optimistic he is for the coming year.

Thursday, January 1, 1970: Pre-empted.

Friday, January 2: Tracy and Jeff are married.

• Members

Because I have so little visual reference in my memory for GH before Monty, reading these recaps I keep having to tell my brain Tracy (not Q), Jeff (not Webber), Denise (not Alexander). 

It’s so cool to have all these details.

• Members

I have only seen the episodes that aired at the end of the 1970s/beginning of the 1980s. But are the "Tracy" and "Jeff" mentioned in the summaries Tracy Quartermaine and Jeff Webber? They were married?

Edited by Neville