GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I'd love to see/read/touch/(smell?) the original pitch for the character of Tony because he starts of as a sort of cad in contrast to Frisco and a spanner in the Tania relationship.  Then, we read reports in @will81's soaps of yesteryear tumblr that there were rumors Brad Maule was getting fired early in his initial contract.  Then, eventually, they hooked him to Bobbie and he played a mostly benevolent, bordering on boring guy, during the Stone story, until Carly comes along and shakes up his world.

But, I wonder how he was originally conceived?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I haven’t seen her yet with Scotty.. but I can’t wait too see Scotty back. I’m still stuck In February 1981.

Its a shame that Jeff is leaving soon in my episodes. I think even though he was so “in love” with Anne he had more chemistry with Heather and Diana lol

@victoria foxtonand @Veethank u for your answer. I get where u coming from with that Vee. For me that is definitely rape aswell. I mean it appeared in my head coz I saw Stefans introduction a couple of days ago and Laura’s reaction about Stavros never made me feel like she would’ve slept with him willingly. She probably slept with him to survive.. Stavros also seemed to have a temper from what I remember from the early 2000’s. No way would he accepted a no from Laura.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

A ONS that drive story for decades.  But never in the way I wanted it to lol.

The one story turn by Culliton that Bob Guza loved!

Easily!

You know, Tony is one of those characters I did not really enjoy all that much.  He always came off as sanctimonious and judgmental to me.  I liked his slow descent, I just wish Guza had also invested in building him back up again.

And from what I recall, he was almost fired a couple of times.  Monty was going to get rid of him and fan reception saved his job.

• Members

We've talked about Lesley's mysterious backstory before - i.e. her first marriage and loss of her second child.

The latest summary from 1973 found by @will81 threw up this little gem about Lesley's past:

On 4/25/2022 at 2:36 AM, FrenchFan said:

Dr. Williams kept remembering and hearing a voice telling her that crib deaths were completely unpredictable and it wasn't her fault.

This seems to confirm that Lesley's second child died of crib death.

So this is what I know about Lesley's backstory:

Sometime after her affair with Gordon Gray (and believing that their daughter had died at birth when in reality Laura had been switched with the Vining's deceased child), Lesley married a fellow doctor named Bruce Williams and had a child with him.

Bruce cheated on Lesley with Nurse Augusta McLeod (Augusta is more well known for her affair with Peter Taylor and murder of Phil Brewer).

Bruce and Lesley's child died (of crib death it seems) and Bruce killed himself.