GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Hehe. Great minds. I think his dark handsome brooding teen might have been my first crash on that type. lol.

I'm sorry to hear that about the writing. But I understand. It has developed hills and valleys for me for sure. But still liking.

Boo.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

MC started off okay, you're right, but he just is missing something as Nik.  Maybe it's the brooding, mysterious thing.  

I mean, I think we are all glossing over the YEARS Tyler phoned it in as Nik, but I would love to see him back at some point.  I am sure it will happen someday.

Yeah, nothing happened special on GH today.  I thought they usually did a montage or something at the end.  Not even a little mention at the end of the show.

Young TC was so hot.   I just loved him.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Same on MC. He started so strong, but it feels like since around the time JB was leaving, he just stopped. 

That's sad. re: montage. It just feels odd that they are not doing anything or anything had been reported. Granted I am sure we can't get something every year, but it feels like they are consistent in doing something.

OMG. Just something about Young TC's brooding. Just mmm. 

• Members

Yeah.  I am sure it's much less of a headache to deal with MC than someone like Tyler.  It really seems like GH did give TC multiple chances, but he's always been Nik to me.  MC really does seem too young for the role, especially with Spencer being aged.  And Ava seems older than Nik with MC, but I am not sure if she is supposed to be.

With the montage I found it strange too.  I remember they at least used to a brief little clip montage at the end of the show and say "Happy ____ Anniversary GH!  Then again I can't recall if they have done anything the last few years.

• Members

Add me to the list of TC fans as young Nikolas.  I also liked him later, but he very clearly does phone it in if he doesn’t like the material.  Great casting, as we got to know him we got to see many similar emotional traits as Laura.  It was kind of cool that Lucky was very much Luke’s son, and Nikolas was very much his mother’s son.

I also like MC, but he really only comes to life lately in scenes with his son.

I would love for Laura to have a Christmas episode just one more time with TC, JJ, and JMB there as Nikolas, Lucky, and Lulu.  They really fit well as a family.

• Members

I was literally just thinking yesterday, it is so strange neither Lucky or Lulu are on the canvas.  With Luke being 'dead' that whole side of Laura's family is gone.  Obviously the grandkids are there, but it does feel like a gaping hole.  I think I would open to both roles being recast.  I wonder if the show has really actively tried to get JJ or JMB (does she still act?) back.

TC/JJ/JMB did have a great dynamic with each other and with GF/TG.  I thought JMB/Lulu was one of the coldest actresses ever to play a heroine, but she did really well within the family stuff.  I even thought they had good chemistry with NP's Ethan.

• Members

Yeah, I know a lot of people are happy about that.  I am certainly not a L/L stan and never was, but it seems like so odd for the show to do.  I guess I am used to Days where that would never happen.  But GH does actively hate all it's supercouples so there's that.  I know Luke/Laura have been dead for years.  The dismantling of them is just crazy if you think about it.

• Members

I have made myself through the whole January 1981 and nearly February 1981. I have made it through the entire built up and the Diana Taylor murder week!

i feel like they made a mistake with Diana’s murder. The built up was great and the story that lead to her murder but they could’ve done so much more with an ongoing feud between Diana/Heather! So much wasted material there.

Jeff finally learned the truth about his son! That was one of my favorite moments of the entire last year of Jeff Webber! 
I still don’t get why RDA felt like he wasn’t challenged enough on the show and left? His exit statement that I found sounded like he was Jelous of TG’s popularity as Luke and the amount of screentime and action storys Luke got while Jeff stuck with boring Anne for 8-9 months of 1980!

In my opinion Jeff had a much stronger story than Luke during the fall/winter 1980/81 with Heather/Anne/Diane/PJ (Steven Lars). I haven’t watched his exit yet but it makes no sense that he would leave in the middle of such heavy story?

I know that Alice killed Diana but it makes no sense. The entire built up of her murder and Heather even hiding and seeing different people leaving the building before going in etc. I can’t wait how they want to explain that. This seems like a good example of a last minute change in the outcome to keep Heather around. 

Ugh the Ice Princess. U could do a drinking game whenever they name that. Since Alexandria got introduced in November 1980 it gave LnL a new story and brought in Robert. Which I thought was a great move! But since January 81 until February 20th (where I am at now) nothing happened. They are dragging that story out for so damn long with such repetitive dialogue that it became stalling and boring. Only things happened were Slick being involved as Luke’s sidekick and still looking for the Ice Princess.

But where are the Cassadines that they are talking about? Can’t believe they are dragging out the arrival so much.

James Duvall, Tony Castle got introduced.. Such stupid character names. Castle? Really? Couldn’t they come up with something better?

Poor Joe! Ever since the murder of his dad got wrapped up they backburned him so hard! There is this little thing going on with Bobbie and them kissing a few times and going out here and there and Joe being there for Luke but otherwise nothing. Such a waste of a great character 

I can’t take Sarah on a daily basis as  Heathers „friend“ and roommate! I mean she is entertaining with threatening Heather but I want heather to put that brat in her place

Please register in order to view this content