GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Thank you for immortalizing Finola's muscle control in your avatar.

And as far as the hair/makeup -- I can testify to early 90s brown makeup and locks hairsprayed (within an inch of their life) into a French twist updo. I was a teen and looked a hard 45.

On the upside, Finola in 2022 looks like she hasn't aged a day!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I said when Carlivati got fired that given the state of the show at the time they should've brought back the (alleged) cocaine tables from Monty's reign to work round the clock to overhaul the show, and I stand by it now.

• Members

The drug scene at GH was apparently unreal! I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that Gloria Monty had plates of coke in craft services so that the cast would keep motoring through the long hours. Even relatively sedate Y&R was apparently awash with snow blizzards in the 80s!

omg snap

Edited by Cat

• Members

It’s like Finola aged in reverse, because of all her severe Anna hairstyles and makeup in her first run.  She looks better even as a ghost during the AIDS storyline than she did just a couple of years earlier.

I always loved Anna, but I can remember my mother making fun of the super long and flat straight era of her hair- often asking this is the hair of a cop/spy?  Then the updos just made her appear older.

Look at Genie by 1981- this was a young woman and she looks almost 30.

• Members

Well, according to Tony and Genie directly, and alluded to by Kin, LC and KMc, it was everywhere backstage in the 1980’s.  I know Monty asked Genie if she got the set cleaned up would she consider returning after her 1982 exit, after being called out by her for what she said when Genie was in the hospital.  But by all accounts it was still rocking backstage through the 80’s.

Well that was an exaggeration lol, but she did look older than her very young age. But her entire storyline revolved around people way older than her.

• Members

And 90s!

When you think of how much all that coke on a daily basis must have cost, then you get an idea of how big the soap budgets were -- and how lucrative the shows must have been to allow for this kind of expenditure.

• Members

IIRC Bobbie was searching the GH archives (this of course being the early days of the internet so GH hadn't digitized them yet) for information pertaining to Lesley's "death". Bobbie had actually seen Lesley's body back in '84 so Lesley turning out to be alive sparked off her suspicions about Stefan. Stefan had the archives set on fire to cover his tracks but was unaware that Bobbie was already there investigating.